“No better place to stay in Cinci” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 21c Museum Hotel

You added 21c Museum Hotel to your Saves list
21c Museum Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   609 Walnut St, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel packages
Special Rate
Complimentary Upgrade
Ranked #2 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
“No better place to stay in Cinci”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

21c in Cincinnati is perfectly situated right downtown in the midst of great entertainment options and corporate offices. The service was fantastic and the rooms have the eccentric touch you would expect if you've been to the 21c in Louisville. The traveler's dinner was just right and the room service very responsive. Could not recommend more highly, great people and ambiance!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Providence, Rhode Island, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I had a wonderful stay at 21c. First of all, if you love art, without a doubt you'll love this hotel because the experience is centered around beautiful art. Staying there made me feel as if I was staying at a boutique hotel in Europe, not Cincinnati. When I checked in, the hotel upgraded me to a suite at no additional charge. My suite had much more space than I needed and it had lots of subtle artistic treasures sprinkled throughout the room such as a pair of 3D lips pressing through a bathroom tile. That really gave me a good laugh! I was blown away when I found a hand written note propped up against the TV screen from the hotel's General Manager welcoming me to the hotel. Personal touches like that make me fall in love with companies. The gift shop was well curated and had fun items that are great for gifts. I ended up finding a cool gift for my boyfriend that he loved. Throughout my stay, the staff was extremely kind and helpful. My only regret was that I had to rush back home and didn't have enough time to do a full tour of the museum. I highly recommend 21c. It's a refreshing departure from the standard cookie cutter hotels.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Southern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Outstanding hotel ... from all aspects. Hard to believe it has only been open a month. Five stars for service and comfort for certain. Cool art throughout -- but it was the service and the comfy room that sold me. Will be back!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Louisville, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

One of my all-time top hotel experiences. From the moment they checked us in early, valet parked out car and whisked our luggage upstairs to the moment we checked out the next day... Flawless.

The key to 21C is their people. Every single staff member - front desk, valet, bellman, bartender, server - is top notch. Stellar customer service without one hint of being "too much."

The room was large (we booked just a normal king room) and very well-appointed. The bathroom was spacious as well. Everything was squeaky clean. The bed was very comfortable.

If you're investigating 21C, you probably know about the art collection, so I won't belabor that. But do walk around and explore. They have retained some elements of the old building they renovated to make into the hotel, like a old spiral staircase, and these elements give the hotel wonderful character.

You'll love tracking down the big yellow penguins that mysteriously move throughout the hotel during the day and night.

I would not even think of staying anyplace else in Cincinnati after this experience. These folks really "get" it.

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I booked this hotel slightly on the blind side by using to Expedia discount. What a refreshing and wonderful place to stay. Remodeled from a history of being a dilapadated old hotel, this poroperty is now a crown jewel. Everything from checkin to services were non-traditional but packed with full service people who actually cared about your stay. The room was great, super clean, and eclectic and edgy.

The hotel houses an 8000 square foot museum with great art that only hotel guests can share.

I was imprssed by the integration of technology into making the visit even better. This hotel is about 2 blocks from Fountain Square and the shopping area. It is across the street from the Aronoff Center and other social venues.

No pool and I would characterize this as a place for adults as I didn't see any features for families or kids, which was exactly what I was looking for. There is a full spa on the 10th floor that we didn't use but the menu of services appeared to be priced right.

Room Tip: I would ask to obtain at least the 1st tier upgrade
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We booked a corner 1 bedroom suite at this property. We moved twice shortly after check-in due to thermastat problems in the living rooms of these suites, our 3rd suite move is where we stayed. Throughout this problem hotel staff members could not have been nicer nor more accommodating. We were given amenities for our trouble. I liked the contemporary and art filled decor both in our suite and lobby areas. Spacious double sink bath in our suite, altho' I wish hotel bath designers would ' think it thru ' . Wall hooks should be provided on either side of the bath vanity for a mans toiletry bag or other items to hang. Toilet should have had a door on it and a light in the ceiling. Open shower and bathtub combo is nice, but why no soap dish or niche in tile wall ? Soap and shampoo falls into bathtub when showering--not a luxury feel. Room service is very prompt altho' I felt the dinner room service menu had rather odd and very limited food items listed. Breakfast room service menu more varied and appealing. Lower level fitness/gym was well equipped and spacious. Beware of high valet parking rates. Those sensitive to street noise may wish to book rooms in back of hotel, altho staff says there is no view in back. I suggest hotel lobby staff and room service staff should be wearing some type of uniform, or at least some sort of uniform top. Wearing just street clothes with a miniature hotel orange penguin pin does not seem professional to me, especially at these high hotel rates. I have stayed at most of the hotels in downtown Cincinnati, this is an interesting alternative -- contemporary and fresh. Hotel rates are fairly high for this area -- staff is still finding their way but are eager to please. I liked our very long and large L shaped sofa banquet in our suite as well as the table and 4 upholstered chairs. Top quality bed and toiletries. Not the most user friendly lighting in the living room of our suite but most contemporary hotels suffer from this shortcoming. Free wifi. Plush bathrobes provided. Phone is in bedroom with none in living room of suite, not convenient. I enjoyed staying here -- but high room rates may sway me to stay elsewhere my next visit in town.

Room Tip: Beware of rooms / suites facing Walnut St., they may be noisy. Hotel managers : Please redo your din...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This was our first time staying at a 21C hotel-enticed by the "I have Nothing to Wear" package which offers a $100 gift card and consultation with a personal shopper and skin care consultant at Saks Fifth Avenue. The entire experience was superb. Upon arrival after dinner, we ordered a drink from the Metropole lounge(using the $20 voucher which was part of the package) and strolled around the hotel enjoying the quirky, contemporary art. The hotel room was clean, fun, and attractively decorated with special touches for comfort. The front desk staff was cordial and accommodating. I appreciated the personal e-mails from Samuel Mills, front office supervisor, who set up the Saks shopping experience. My experience with the Saks personal shopper, Liz, was fun, non-pressured and helpful. I also enjoyed the skin care session with Jill. All in all, a great mid-week mini-vacation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to 21c Museum Hotel? Share your experiences!