“Pastas Rock!! Really great meal!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Nicola's Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 1,772 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Liberty Street
Description: Nicola's is located on the corner of East Liberty and Sycamore Street
Southern California
“Pastas Rock!! Really great meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Spectacular meal with outstanding service. From the wonderful fresh melon on prosciutto with an amazing yuzu foam and dehydrated prosciutto just made it so delicious. For the pasta we tried both the Bolognese and the Gnooci. Both out of this world. I had the branzino for my main course served with a marscapone which seemed interesting and was delicious. Highly recommend Nicola's!!

• Visited July 2014

Springboro, Ohio
“One of the best Italian meals I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I consider myself to be a little bit of a food snob, especially when it comes to certain ethnic cuisines, Italian being one of my favorites. We just recently moved to Ohio & so far I've been less than impressed by the food options here, that was not the case this time. I knew from reviews to expect a great meal, but honestly Nicola's far exceeded my expectations for a restaurant in Cincinnati!

For starters, our server was attentive & clearly very knowledgable about the food. He recommended some wine choices & I chose a delicious Italian Sauvignon blanc to start. My husband had the Caprese appetizer & I chose the cauliflower appetizer based on the server's recommendation. Normally, I'm not a cauliflower fan so I was a little skeptical but it was delicious! A great balance of flavor & textures. The bread basket was, as other reviewers have mentioned, excellent too.

Next, I chose the crispy potato gnocchi & hubby got the red drum fish. The portions were small by typical american standards but we found it to be just the right amount of food. The gnocchi was honestly the best gnocchi I've ever had- Light & smothered in a rich, creamy sauce & finished with a truffle oil. The fish was excellent too, cooked perfectly & served with purple potatoes & a zucchini purée that even my green veggie hating hubby liked. We finished with a glass of port wine & the devil's food cake. We thought the dessert was good too, which was a nice surprise. I've sometimes found that nice restaurants don't put much effort into their pastries. I highly recommend nicola's to any one in the cincinnati area!!

• Visited August 2014
Texas
“Unexpected Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This was our first visit to Cincinnati and we weren't sure what to expect. I looked at Trip Advisor to get some recommendations and was very happy that I chose this one. My husband, our adult daughter and 16 year old son were instantly welcomed and made to feel at home when we walked in the door. The service was excellent and there were no complaints about the food. We could have made a meal out of the bread basket alone. The only appetizer we weren't crazy about was the sweet breads. We each chose a different appetizer, entree and dessert. We each chose a different appetizer, entree and dessert. If we're in Cincinnati again, we will definitely dine at this establishment.

• Visited June 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
“A five star choice for Cincinnati”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

This is a place that just about everyone recommends. It turned out that this was for good reasons. Every little touch was great. Even their bread basket was unique and out of this world. We were there with a table of four...everyone enjoyed every part of their meal. Appetizers to entrees to desert...each item was prepared perfectly and totally enjoyable. Don't miss this place.

• Visited June 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Strongly recommend this place if around in Cincinnati. One of my local business partners took me there, and must confess that was very positvely impressed.

Visited June 2014