“Treated Like a Queen” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hitching Post Restaurant

Hitching Post Restaurant
2715 Madison Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45209-2208 (Oakley)
+1 513-871-9201
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner
Neighborhood: Oakley
“Treated Like a Queen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

If you want the royal treatment, go to Hitching Post for your meals. Every time I am there, I get the greatest service. I am treated like royalty. The servers are so wonderful. They make recommendations if you need it, are always so pleasant, and make you feel so welcome. They remember small things you ask for, like extra ranch dressing, they bring your hot food out to you quickly, refill beverages before you even ask for more, and ALWAYS GREET YOU WITH A SMILE. No other restaurant in town can delight your taste buds, fill your tummy, and leave you feeling as happy as The Hitching Post can!

• Visited August 2014

“Breakfast just o.k.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

My family and I ate here today for brunch. The service was good, and not a long wait. This place was kind of dingy. The carpet looked dirty, however our table was clean. The tables and chairs a little outdated, but clean. Now, I'm no stranger to eating in dives, diners and whole in walls as long as they are clean. I was expecting more, better tasting food. I ordered Frank's hometown fries. I expected a heaping, flavorful, drippy, sloppy plate of food. What I got was thinly sliced potatoes, kind of hard( could have been cooked longer), chopped onion and sprinkled bacon on top of potatoes and a dry scrambled egg on top. My food was not bad, just not flavorful. My daughter ordered the kettle French toast, too eggy and the toast was crispy??? Never had French toast quite like that before, once again, no cinnamon, vanilla or flavor, just deep fried bread with sprinkled powder sugar. My husband ordered the 3 egg veggie omelette, was just o.k., kind of dry. The coffee was good, the kettle kakes were good, the potatoe cakes were good, but really that's it. I won't be back for breakfast, but I'm wiling to try their fried chicken for lunch. Thry advertise they have the worlds best fried chicken!! Anyway, oversell, just o.k.. I'm not going to tell anyone not to eat there because maybe we ordered the wrong thing!! It was just o.k to us. The food was reasonable.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Flemingsburg
“MMMMMM chicken!!!! Fast service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

My best friend and I were venturing to Cincinnati to a concert at PNC and we were looking for places to eat prior to the concert. We saw their sign of 100 pieces of chicken for $100.00 and the World's Best Fried Chicken! So we figured what the heck we'd give it a try and we were definitely not disappointed!!!! The prices were reasonable, the chicken was phenomenal and the fixings were just as good. It is a definite ride up there and eat again kind of place!!!

Cincinnati
“Kettle Kakes Yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Another Cincinnati favorite and I got to visit again. We walked in sunday morning, short wait and the Kettle Kakes are on their way. These are the best way to start your breakfast gorge and you won't be disappointed. The service here has never been great but the food is and I've been coming here since I was a kid. The home fries are delicious, great breakfast period and my daughter always has potato pancakes, uh Two Orders Please? They are not lying about their chicken, cooked to order and the Best you'll ever have.

“Fried Chicken!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

We arrived at 4 PM for an early dinner- immediately served and chicken arrived in a flash! The potato pancakes were a great side, and so was the cold slaw. I also liked the hot mashed potatoes !
Definitely hit the spot...lots of food...
No room for desert!