“The worst experience in my entire life” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“The worst experience in my entire life”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

Here is a real story.... I'm new to the area and I decided to follow the suggestion posted here. It was a disappointment! Being Italian I was offended by the food. I invited my work colleagues and I was ashamed once we arrived at the place.

This place just sucks!!!! Don't go there! It’s dirty (the kitchen is disgusting!!), waiters are kind of aggressive and, most importantly, food is TERRIBLE. We couldn't eat the food and went to a takeaway afterwards.

• Visited October 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Nazareth, Pennsylvania
“Great Little Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

We were in town for a Reds-Yankee game that was rained out so we went to Campanello's instead. The food was great and the staff was too. Everyone there was very friendly and even though they were very busy they took the time out to talk to us. We were wearing our NY Yankee clothes so we attracted attention. Couldn't have asked for a better meal or a better place to eat it. Thanks Campanello's for an enjoyable evening after the dissapointment of a rainout.

• Visited June 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

If you are looking for fancy it is not fancy, if you are looking good...it is good! What an Italian restaurant should be, less focus on decor and more focus on food. First and most importantly they have braciole on the menu..and it was great! Braciole is a great Italian dish and almost impossible to find on a restaurant menu. In addition, the cannoli was yummy!
Go with an empty stomach you will not be disappointed. My husband loved the meatballs, and he usually only likes the ones we make at home, so this is a big thumbs up.

• Visited February 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I don't think the decor...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2008

I don't think the decor has changed at this place since the 1970s, but that's ok. Food is good and plentiful, and prices are cheap. Several vegetarian entrees. Full bar.

Cincinnati
“Don't bring your laptop!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2008

I have been a customer of Campanello’s for the past 3 years. I meet my girlfriend and others about 1 to 4 times a month for lunch there. That’s a lot of lasagna. The wait staff is always very nice and other than a few reheats the food has been good.

It is truly amazing how one interaction can take you from four stars to one. This past week, my girlfriend and I decided to do a working lunch and go over some design work. Entering the restaurant, I realized my laptop was low on power and asked the waiter if I could plug in. He said it was fine. We got settled in and as we were waiting for our drinks I overheard the cook/owner ask the waiter about my computer being plugged in. The waiter said he had given me the okay.

I didn’t really think much about it considering it is 2008. From mom-and-pop coffee shops to chain restaurants, laptops are more than welcome, given the cost of plugging in a laptop for 20 minutes costs fifty cents at most. This doesn’t seem like a large expense for the amount of business I provide Campanello’s.

We began going over our work after ordering and receiving our salads. The owner passed by our table to deliver another table's food and on the way back to the kitchen, he stopped in front of our table and sarcastically asked, “You don’t mind if I come over to your house and plug in my toys, do you”. We were stunned to say the least. I unplugged the laptop as he watched me without another word until I put it away, and then he continued to the kitchen. Needless to say, my lunch was over as I sat there beside myself in disbelief. The waiter apologized for the owner’s rudeness. I thought about confronting him but realized that this is not a personality you can reason with. We paid with tip and left. There are a lot of places downtown to go for a working lunches, I guess Campanello’s is not one of them. I doubt we’ll be back for a while.