“At Fountain Square” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Palomino

Palomino
505 Vine St, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)
513-381-1300
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Palomino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #66 of 1,721 restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: European, French, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: 5th
Description: Palomino is a vibrant restaurant, bar and rotisserie famous for its style, hardwood fired Mediterranean cooking and versatile, imaginative menu. Guests appreciate Palomino’s gracious hospitality and talented staff for their unsurpassed enthusiasm, friendliness and skill. Palomino offers an experience that makes guests feel great at a pleasing value.
Florence, KY
“At Fountain Square”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Try the lavender martini! Great view and good food. It's nice to have a place to eat when you're downtown shopping, etc.

74% Recommend
Ohio
“Terrible customer service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We had reservations for a company Christmas party for 20 people and they canceled on us less than 2 weeks before the party stating they could not accommodate our group. Very unprofessional!

• Visited November 2012
Hillsborough, New Jersey
“I must have liked it - I ate here three nights in a row!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

While on a weeklong business trip, this restaurant was recommended to me. I really loved it and I wish they had one on the East Coast where I live. It was exactly what I was looking for - nice ambiance, great food, excellent service, view of Fountain Square, reasonable prices for food and wine. The mushroom soup has got to be the best soup I ever had. Other favorites were the thin crust pizza, and scallops that were served with risotto and asparagus.

All that said, what I liked best were the staff - professional and very personable. Each night I had a great server (shout out to Shawna, Jesse and Patrick) who took a moment to talk and help me select from the varied list of items that sounded good. They were each efficient and friendly. The maitre d/greeter, James, was wonderful - friendly, helpful, and engaging. This staff made me want to come back, even though I certainly had other choices, and I'm glad I did. I wish I could clone this place in NJ.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Erlanger, Kentucky
“Nice variety”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

I'm a fan of meat and potatoes. At palomino although it was on the menu, I went with a signature dish, the Rigatoni. Just the right amount of spice to make the mouth water. I started with their truffle deviled eggs and crab cake. Both were good not great. I tried the scallops that were breaded and pan fried. I hadn't had that way before but they were delicious.

Unfortunately time was running short so no dessert for me on this adventure.

Not overly pricey either. I'd happily go back and suggest this as a happy alternative to the steak houses downtown.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Pretty reliable choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This small regional chain has always provided a menu with good variety which is key when dealing with a larger group of diners. They were able to accommodate our last minute group of 10 on short notice and even split the bill without any fuss.

Visited October 2012