“Horrible service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Celestial Restaurant

Celestial Restaurant
1071 Celestial St, Cincinnati, OH 45202-1689 (Mount Adams)
513-241-4455
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Celestial Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #341 of 1,729 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: French, Continental, Eclectic, International
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Mount Adams
Cross street: Monastery Street
Description: Four star, Four diamond dinning with a stellar view of the city.
“Horrible service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

We had reservations for the bar area on Xmas eve for 7:30. We waited 20 min for someone to take our drink order, 20 more to get drinks & menu, had to ask several times for water refills. It took 2 hrs and a very unfriendly server. Surprisingly the manager never stopped by. And we spent over 200.00! Our family of 4 will never go back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

54% Recommend
Ohio
“OK Food, Good Service, Great View”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My wife and I came here for New Year's eve. THE BAD: We waited 40 min to be seated even though we had reservations. We were only seated after I came up to ask what was going on. Next, it was cold in there. I understand that the large windows and the view are part of the place's appeal, but it was freezing near that window! We had to eat with our coats on. Next, there were several menu items that we were immediately told had run out. We ordered Coke, got one and then the server came back out and said they were out of Coke. I ordered the salmon and my wife ordered a pasta dish. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't fine dining. There are chains that make better food. It would have been nice to see a little talent in the cooking, especially for the price point. I wasn't impressed. The salad I had as an appetizer was good and so were the scallops. We didn't order dessert because it's the same boring choices that everybody has: creme brulee, chocolate cake and cheesecake. Also, I understand it was NYE and close to midnight, but the staff seemed very rushed, like they wanted us out of there. THE GOOD: Our server was very good. He was attentive and he checked on us frequently. He even brought us out a piece of boring chocolate cake at no charge because they were out of other menu items. The restaurant itself is a really nice and interesting place and the bar side was festive. The view from the restaurant is amazing! It's almost worth eating the average food to enjoy that view. Maybe it was because it was NYE or maybe it was something else, but this place needs to work on it. Chef, get your weight up.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“New Year's Eve”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Overall, this was a very enjoyable dining experience. We arrived approximately 10 minutes early for our New Year's Eve reservation, which I definitely recommend because the parking situation is tough. We were promptly seated and given a rather decent wine list, however expensive. The view is absolutely amazing. The restaurant is divided up into separate rooms, but I imagine that they all have a fairly nice view of the city and the river. I ordered the gorganzola and pear salad, and she had the chicken and vegetable soup. Both were very good. For the main course, I had the Kansas City Strip and she had the Baked Chicken. Again, both were prepared very nicely and delicious. At first I thought that my steak was going to be dry and unappealing since it appeared almost burnt. But it was seared properly and quite juicy and tasteful. Her chicken was cooked quite nicely as well and tender enough to cut it with a fork. The service was quite good as well. The glasses were never empty and every request was met.
I was hesitant after reading some of the other reviews, but can say our experience was thankfully a good one. I would visit this restaurant again for a romantic evening.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Naples, FL
“Great Views, Boring Food, Poor Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

My wife and I went to this restaurant with our daughter and her husband. We were all looking forward to a great meal. THE GOOD: the restaurant is lovely and the view at night is fantastic. THE BAD Our food was not especially good, especially for the price point. The waiter was terrible (example at an upscale steak restaurant we had to chase him down and tell him how we wanted our ordered steaks cooked, sokme dishes never actually arrived) - - in short save you money and find somewhere else to go

Visited December 2012
Milford, OH
“Great view, food not so much”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

The view was great, but since I was mostly looking across the table at my friends and not looking to my side, I really didn't see the view much. I was in a large group, and we had made a reservation weeks before. We had a really good young waiter who did a great job of refilling drinks, etc.

The food was just OK, and very pricey for the amount of food on the plates. For a fine dining restaurant, the food was plated very basically - not very attractively. We were there on a Tuesday night for dinner - maybe the real chefs night off?

My dining companions and I felt that we didn't get much for the large amount of money we spent on food - we won't be coming back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere