“Great food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Malinta
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

We went here on my spring break and it was great. We loved it so much we almost stopped again on our way home very Tennessee. The atmosphere was small and comfortable. The staff was so nice. We can't wait to go back.

Visited February 2013

Augusta
“Good place to eat!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I've read about their Burgers for many years, being a life long resident of Cinci, so I finally tried them, they have good burgers, not great, not the best, but a good solid burger, I use to follow the old Cincinnati Burger Guys blog, when they were still reviewing burgers all over the city, many of their locations are still around & they said Zips has a good burger, but not in the top 5 or so, I agreed with them, I think the locals no matter where you are, love the food at your favorite local place like this, and that's where these places get the majority of their ratings from being so high, good place, good food, good atmosphere, great, no, the best, no, I could name a half dozen or more better Burgers around, would I go outta my way here to get another one, no, too many other better choices, try Gabby's Cafe in Wyoming, that burger blows this one away.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great Burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Worth the trip and highly recommend the burgers. Place gets crowded for a reason, so plan accordingly.
It has a bar type atmosphere, but they are all about the burgers and they are well worth it!

Visited September 2012
Dayton, Ohio
“Quaint Diner in Mount Lookout - Cincinnati”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I've heard friends and family raving about Zip's in years past but today I got to see, I mean taste, for myself. My wife took me on a day trip to Cincinnati that encompassed a wonderful exhibit at the Krohn Conservatory in Eden Park called Butterflies of Morocco. We then drove to Zip's in Mount Lookout. On a Wednesday afternoon past the noon lunch hour, parking wasn't difficult to find. We entered the small diner and seated ourselves. The menu choices were simple so we knew what we wanted - hamburgers. Zip's burger with cheese is the most ordered sandwich. We also had the Saratoga Chips. Overhead a toy train encircled the entire eating area which came around every ten minutes or so; it added to the family ambience of the place. By the way, the hamburger was fantastic. If in the general area again, I'll definitely come back here.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
USA
“A Classic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

The old wood, the train, the service, the beer and of course zip burgers. What more can you add. This restaurant has kept up its flavor and good food. No wonder it has been around since 1926!

Visited June 2013