“Believe all the reviews, this place is fantastic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse

Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse
700 Walnut Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202-2015 (Central Business District)
513-784-1200
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,749 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: 7th
Roanoke, Virginia
“Believe all the reviews, this place is fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

From the time you walk in until you leave, you are treated like a king at Jeff Ruby's. Service and food are beyond excellent. Extensive wine selection and even the drinks from the bar seemed better than most places I've visisted. I suggest you start dinner with building your own raw bar. We went with the tiger shrimp, oysters and lobster tail. All were delicious. For the salad, try the Freddie, although the Caesar was also tasty. For entrees, you have to go for the steak. We ordered the hatchet and it was cooked perfectly mid-rare and was extremely tender and tasty. But, for the non-meat eaters, some of those at our table ordered oysters, Chilean sea bass and surf and turf. All were cooked perfectly and everyone enjoyed it. As for sides, the macaroni and cheese is fantastic, as was the creamy spinich and asparagus. Finish off the meal with some of Chef Amy's ricotta donuts, complete with a trio of dipping sauces. They will remind you of beignets in New Orleans. Highlighting all of this fine food is a service staff that is top-notch. They work very hard to ensure you have everything you need to a great experience. Jeff Ruby's is pricey, but it's a great place for special occassions. And the food is well worth it.

• Visited May 2014

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Best steakhouse in the U.S.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This place is located in downtown Cincinnati only a block and a half from Fountain Square and right across the street from the Aronoff Theater. The bar is energetic with live, upbeat music. The steaks are prime cuts aged on premises and are always cooked perfectly. Always fantastic fresh fish specials as well. All side dishes are excellent with ample portions. Impeccable wine list with several selections by the glass. Mr. Ruby can be seen mingling with the crowd frequently. It is also not uncommon to see celebrities or professional athletes who are in town for an event. But the star of this place is the food.

• Visited March 2014
Newark, OH
“Japanese wagyu...worth every penny”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I had one of my top 3 dinners on Saturday night with my husband and parents. I ordered a 6oz authentic A5 grade Japanese Wagyu (Kobe) filet. It is expensive, at $20/ounce, but worth every single penny. My husband ordered the cowboy bone in ribeye and my dad ordered a filet, mom and me had the Kobe. Wow, is all I can say! Our server was top notch, the food was melt in your mouth, the black truffle butter (yes, not oil, real truffles) came out with the warm bread. Our server brought the certificate that verifies the Wagyu. It even has a nose print of the heifer. Our server even made a copy so we could keep it. My parents ordered the potatoes Anna and it was big enough to serve 4 adults. We also had the cheesecake as dessert, but it was average. I am still dreaming of my steak. I can't wait to go back and order it again. What was nice us you get to pick the number of ounces you want for the Wagyu. Our server said we could even do a 2 oz filet if we wanted. Everyone should should at least try it once. You won't regret it. I promise. Reservations are recommended. Make sure to request a booth because the tables in the middle are very close together.

• Visited May 2014
“worth the cost! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We were hesitant to pay the high prices but the quality of food and the service made it totally worth it! I would highly recommend the salmon (yes, l know they are known for steak).

“Time to improve the quality!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

My third time here and it's now time to give them an heads up. Quality vs price doesn't make sense here. Steaks are really nothing special and cooking is not at the level that i would expect and that I'm pretending for the price i pay. Steaks come normally burnt, with a black crust that covers the taste of the meat. It's the third time that they screw up the cooking of some of the guest at the table. This time a new surprise: an hair in the plate!!!! It's must for business dinners, unfortunately i'd say, but it' stime to get back to your heritage!! And to tKe good care of customers!

Visited May 2014