“Great Steakhouse” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse

Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse
700 Walnut Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202-2015 (Central Business District)
513-784-1200
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,722 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cross street: 7th
Texas
“Great Steakhouse”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Went here for a business dinner with a group of six. Very cool atmosphere, nice art deco murals on the walls. I am not a steak fan so I had the halibut and it was a bit rich, but well prepared and presented. Service was very attentive and excellent. Live music during dinner which was very nice. Not cheap so best for special occasions or expense accounts . Others all liked their steak very much.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

West Lafayette, Indiana
“Celebrated our anniversary here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We celebrated our anniversary and were first time visitors. They did not disappoint! The decor of the restaurant is Art Deco and very appealing. The staff is top notch and are helpful in every way. We had a nice circular-booth table which made us feel special on our special day but that was just the beginning. The waiter came out and greeted us with a camera, took our picture and return five minutes later with the photo in a nice picture holder! We proceeded to have an outstanding meal (side portions are large so you will want to share) and were comfortably stuffed and satisfied. Before bringing the check the waiter brought us a complimentary desert so we could top off our special day with a sweet treat!

if you're in Cincinnati and you want a fine dining experience, you don't want to miss Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse in the heart of the city!

• Visited April 2013
Drammen, Norway
“Best steak i have had anywhere in the world!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was really something special! I had the cowboy steak here on two different nights and both nights it was awesome! Really big and really juicy with perfect spicing.

Probably a little expensive compared to other american steakhouses, but very cheap compared to norway!

If you ever want the best steak you ever tasted go here!!

the side disces are a little boring,and the sause could be more creamy for my taste, but it doesnt matter because the steak is sooooooo goood!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cincinnati
“Well worth the trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Jeff Ruby's is excellent and borders on amazing for a steakhouse. I have had the opportunity to enjoy many of the upscale chain steakhouses (Morton's, Flemings, Ruth's Chris, etc.) as well as a number of the "well known" smaller places (St. Elmo's, Pappas Bros., Vic & Anthony's, Bob's, etc.) and have found one or two that are very good competition on the food quality (e.g. Pappas Bros.) but none that can match the quality of the table service. I expect good competent service at any upscale restaurant but Jeff Ruby's training of their bar and wait staff goes above and beyond. Even the person who fills water glasses and clears plates is professional, polite, and attentive. The waiters are excellent at being "around" but not "in your face" and I've seldom felt like I was being rushed to finish my meal. Meal timing is very important to me if you're having drinks, appetizers, salads, mains, dessert, and Scotch and these guys know how to pace everything so that you don't end up with courses overlapping, too long of a pause between courses, etc.

My only criticism is that I don't find the "managers" to be very friendly. I've been going to Jeff Ruby's about 6-8 times a year since the place opened and I've never felt like the management was very warm or welcoming. They do the obligatory stop by the table to chat for 30 seconds to make sure everything is okay but not really much of welcome on the way in if they happen to be at the hostess stand and not much more. Good thing they're a very, very small contribution to my experience.

Top notch steak, great sides, a good bar, and nearly perfect service. I'm not sure what more you could ask for. Maybe "cheap" would be something to ask for but I think you get what you pay for.

Southlake
“Jeff Ruby's - not special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I am from Dallas and know a thing or two about good steak restaurants. This one disappointed us. Priced too high for the quality. Salad was frost burned. Steak was underwhelming ($60 ) for the price. Sides were skimpy. desserts were non-descript.
nothing special. When I go back to Cincinnati,I'll skip a second visit