“Fantastic Cowboy Steak” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse

Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse
700 Walnut Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202-2015 (Central Business District)
513-784-1200
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 1,725 restaurants in Cincinnati
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: 7th
“Fantastic Cowboy Steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely love this place...steaks that melt. Service that is top notch. Drinks that are well crafted and served with a smile. But be ready to pony up that green.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

89% Recommend
“Best Steak You'll Ever Have”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Jeff Ruby's (along with the other restaurants in the group) has the best steaks I've had anywhere. I've very partial to the classic filet, but all the steaks are great with many interesting preparations and sauces. The overall food quality and service are consistently outstanding -- again, among the best you will find anywhere. This particular Ruby restaurant has an art deco theme and a lively atmosphere. It's a fun environment and a great dinner out, whether it's a special occasion, dinner before a show at the Aronoff Center across the street, or just a dinner out with friends, family or a couple. I think it's a rare restaurant indeed that can pull off this level of service, food and atmosphere, and be perfect for any occasion. I should also mention that Jeff Ruby's has a fantastic wine list, with a vast selection of interesting high end wines, along with more affordable wines.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best Service and Atmosphere Downtown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

If you really want to treat yourself to a fantastic evening, head downtown to Ruby's and ask for Steve. His culinary knowledge and friendly personality makes him an excellent waiter. He will guide you through the menu and make sure everything is perfect.

Brilynn79
“Excellent Prime Steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We were orgionally going to go to Precint, but since we were staying downtown and the roads were a little icy, we changed reservations.

We were seated right away and our request for a booth was granted. It was a nice, cozy wrap around booth with a window view onto the street. I enjoyed the decor and there was a band playing.

Service was excellent.

We had the steak tartare- It was a huge portion for the price so a good value, maybe needed a little more than a quail yolk for such a large portion.

I loved the Aronoff Salad- I have a feeling I will be replicating this salad. My husband had the Ceaser salad. Both salads were huge!

We shared the Prime King Strip and it was still too much, but was excellent. We enjoyed the leftovers the next day.

We tried the baked mac and cheese on a recommendation. I am not usually a fan, but it was very good with 6 cheeses.

I was too full for dessert so had a glass of German Ice Wine while my husband enjoyed the Carrot Cake.

I can't wait to go back and try out the other Ruby Restaurants.

Dayton, Ohio, United States
“Best Steakhouse In the area!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I had heard alot of positive things about this place. Me and my girlfriend were on out 2 year anniversary to Cincinnati and wanted the best steak. We chose the right place for sure! First off we were 15 minutes late for our reservation and they still accommodated us with no problem! The hostess was so nice and we were seated right away! The quality of service in this place is immaculate! I know it is a high priced steakhouse but every server in here was very well trained and polite. I came for the steak so I ordered a filet for me and my girl. It came with a baked potato and choice of salad. The steak was sooooooooooooo tender. Best quality filet I have EVER had in my 29 years. We also ordered a side of Mac and cheese and it was baked and so great and enough to share for two people.!! I am from Dayton but this place makes me want to live in cinci lol. The steak could be cut with a butter knife, the service was top notch, drinks refilled fast, orders taken quickly, food brought quickly, and me and my girl told them it was our anniversary and they gave us a FREE chocolate desert! The steak dinners will cost you about $50 for the steak and two sides.. but it is worth every penny. I was in the mood for high class dining cause of our anniversary and I found it here! And there is no discrimination as to how you dress. I was in jeans and a Ralph Lauren shirt and was treated as if I had a $500 suit on.. Jeff Ruby you hit the jackpot with this one.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere