“Very good for a special occassion” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse

Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse
700 Walnut Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202-2015 (Central Business District)
513-784-1200
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 1,729 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: 7th
San Diego, California
“Very good for a special occassion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This was my second time to Ruby's, but it had been probably 10 years. My girlfriend and I decided to go for our 2 year anniversary and make a night of it. Our waiter was very friendly and patient as we went over the menu and he answered all of our questions. We split the chop salad and when it came, they had forgotten to put the blue cheese on the side as we had asked, he immediately went into the back to have another made without us asking. I had the New York Strip steak, but honestly, was a bit disappointed with the steak. It was good, but a bit tougher than I would expect. I know a strip isn't supposed to be extremely tender, but it seemed like they over cooked it a bit. I ordered mine medium rare, my girlfriend ordered hers medium and it seems like they might have gotten it mixed up as her steak was a bit too rare for her liking. We split the macaroni and cheese side, which was amazing and also had the bread pudding which was fantastic.

I can't wait to come back, though I think I might do a filet next time, even if it's not as flavorful as other steaks.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

89% Recommend
Cincinnati, Ohio
“GREAT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The food is amazing. I always get a filet and the Freddie salad. The mashed potatoes are also yummy! They make their own ice cream too - delicious!

Visited September 2012
cincinnati
“Excellent high end steakhouse”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Top shelf service and food quality. A bet pricey but worth it just get out your wallet for the best stake in Cincy and probably the Midwest. This Ruby's is downtown and the atmosphere is city hustle and noise. Also seems to be very popular with guys or at least large groups of them.

• Visited September 2012
Edgewood, Kentucky
“Very good. Typical Cheesy Ruby Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I've eaten at most of Jeff Ruby's restaurants. He excels at making the experience feel exceptional - very attentive staff, extremely overpriced wine list, delicious food. It's very good, it's very expensive. It's a nice night out for a special occasion.

• Visited October 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Jeff Ruby's Rocks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

From the moment you enter, you just get a feeling that it's going to be a delightful experience. Jeff Ruby's is a lovely place. The combination of French Art Deco design, fabulous artwork and classic lighting provide an wonderful ambience, combining fine dining with the backdrop of casual chatter and laughter of clientele. People have fun here while enjoying the finest of steaks. I was privy to the bone-in filet which was perfectly char-broiled, juicy, tender and perhaps the most tasteful steak I've had. Between dinner and a drink or two, expect to drop a bit of cash - but well worth it! Can't say enough good about this place!

• Visited November 2011