“Good steaks” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse

Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse
700 Walnut Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202-2015 (Central Business District)
513-784-1200
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 1,662 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: 7th
“Good steaks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Good steaks. Have eaten at most of the restaurants in this group at some point. Nice place to treat yourself.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Tampa, Florida
“WOW! As good as it gets!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Simply AWESOME. I eat at a LOT of steak houses, so I was skeptical when the concierge said this place was "one of the best in Ohio" - yeah, right I thought... He was right! In fact, maybe one of the best in Mid West. No joke. I had the NY strip, Medium w Pepper corn sauce. Hash browns were incredible... Pricey and worth it all the way... HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Visited September 2012
Cincinnati
“Very Good But Too Much Salt”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

My wife and I are huge fans of Jeff Ruby's restaurants. We've probably been to his restaurants about 8 times. I have noticed that about 3 times the steaks and mashed potatoes had way too much salt. Don't get me wrong I love salt, but I started coughing when I bit into my first piece of the steak. It actually nearly ruined the steak. I scraped off what I could.

The mashed potatoes just once (out of eight times or so) were so salty that again I coughed and actually couldn't even eat them. We sent them back because they were simply not edible.

Before ordering your steak you might want to tell them not to add salt or go lightly on the salt.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
USA
“OMGosh....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was by far our best dinner while in Cincinnati. The food and service were amazing. Very pricey, but the food was outstanding. Made for a very special anniversary dinner for us.

Visited August 2012
“Best meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I went here last night for the first time.. Long drive, was seated right away (7:00 on a Tuesday), fairly quick service, server was very nice and knowledgable.. Believe his name was Nate.. Anyway he could answer all of our questions right away and made sure we had everything we needed. My new York strip was delicious.. Salad wasn't anything to brag about but the asparagus and Mac and cheese were amazing! Our server even brought us out a desert on the house since we were celebrating our new marriage! We will definitely return and try the other Jeff Ruby restaurants :)

• 5 of 5 stars Food