“Very Good But Too Much Salt” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse

Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse
700 Walnut Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202-2015 (Central Business District)
513-784-1200
Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 1,700 restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: 7th
Cincinnati
“Very Good But Too Much Salt”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

My wife and I are huge fans of Jeff Ruby's restaurants. We've probably been to his restaurants about 8 times. I have noticed that about 3 times the steaks and mashed potatoes had way too much salt. Don't get me wrong I love salt, but I started coughing when I bit into my first piece of the steak. It actually nearly ruined the steak. I scraped off what I could.

The mashed potatoes just once (out of eight times or so) were so salty that again I coughed and actually couldn't even eat them. We sent them back because they were simply not edible.

Before ordering your steak you might want to tell them not to add salt or go lightly on the salt.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
USA
“OMGosh....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was by far our best dinner while in Cincinnati. The food and service were amazing. Very pricey, but the food was outstanding. Made for a very special anniversary dinner for us.

Visited August 2012
“Best meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I went here last night for the first time.. Long drive, was seated right away (7:00 on a Tuesday), fairly quick service, server was very nice and knowledgable.. Believe his name was Nate.. Anyway he could answer all of our questions right away and made sure we had everything we needed. My new York strip was delicious.. Salad wasn't anything to brag about but the asparagus and Mac and cheese were amazing! Our server even brought us out a desert on the house since we were celebrating our new marriage! We will definitely return and try the other Jeff Ruby restaurants :)

Beavercreek, Ohio
“This restaurant should be number one!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

This establishment is another reason why Cincinnati is underrated. All around, excellent food, service, and atmosphere. The service was very polished. We both loved the art deco atmosphere. My dining partner said that he felt like he was in a restaurant in New York.

I've made several visits. Almost every time, I have an excellent experience. However, there was one visit where my dinner was undercooked. They stood behind their service and then some. They went far beyond what it took to make it right.

• Visited April 2012
Morrow, Ohio
“Great food tight quarters .....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

Greatest steak you will ever eat .......service is 5 star....ambiance is nice.....we sat so close to the next table that when the wine glass from the next table got knocked over it hit us ....that's a bit close for that price per item.....we spent over $200.00 for our meal including good tip & drinks. Things happen I am not mad just saying I wish the tables were a tad further away.... still Amazingly awesome steak! Happy Eating!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere