“Wonderful Dinner” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Palace Restaurant

Palace Restaurant
601 Vine St, Cincinnati, OH 45202-2433 (Central Business District)
(513) 381-6006
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Palace Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 1,726 restaurants in Cincinnati
Cross street: 6th and Vine Street
Brilynn79
“Wonderful Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Restaurant seemed to draw an older crowd. Pretty dining room still decorated for Christmas , a Jazz Trio and a window view where we could see the horse carriages going up the street made for nice ambiance.

The meal began with a delicious amuse bouche.

We had the fried calamari for our appetizer. It was the best calamari I have ever had.

I had the Duck Confit appetizer for my entree, which was the perfect portion size for me to avoid leftovers on vacation.

My husband had the Prime NY Strip. It was very good, but waiter would not substitute anything for the creamed spinach so it went wasted.

We had creme brulee that was good and the lemon grass pana cotta that I would not recommend. The complimentary desserts provided by the chef were much more palatable.

Overall- a nice dinner.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

81% Recommend
Springfield, Ohio
“Great As Expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We stayed at the hotel and ate dinner here. It is a high end restaurant with a creative chef. We had Nick as a waiter, and he did a great job of steering us to beers that we liked as well as advising us on entree choices. Austin was also very good at filling water glasses and removing items from the table as we finished them. We both had the monkfish and it did not disappoint. The chef's creative touches were apparent and it melted in our mouths. The bread kept coming and our salad course was very good. I doubt that we could have done better in Cincinnati for a restaurant choice for our romantic birthday dinner. We will be back.

Visited December 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Cricket Lounge for Lovely Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

First off, you should know that we were there on one of their busiest nights of the year and we knew it. We arrived about 4:45pm to beat some of the dinner rush and had our pick of tables. Started with a happy hour glass of Ghost Pine 2009 red blend (so so). Next, enjoyed the Hummus platter, emphasis on ENJOYED. This was a perfect size start for two but could also serve nicely as an individual lunch. It consisted of hummus, black olives, cucumber, pickled red onion (yum), roasted red pepper, and lovely warm pita triangles. Hubby had the Braised short Ribs with Brussel Sprouts, Cheese Grits (fantastic), Pickled Onion Relish, and Natural Jus. I had the Roasted Salmon, Fingerling Potatoes, Butternut Squash, Almonds, Brown Butter-Cider Vinaigarette. We like to share bites and these were very complementary. Everything was prepared perfectly. We enjoyed dinner with a Trefethen 2007 Napa Cabernet (wonderful at about double the bottle price of the Ghost Pine). We had no room left for dessert and were completely satisfied with our dining experience. Though extremely busy and service was a tad slow, our waitress Christina was as professional as they come and checked on us often. Great job by all and thanks for a wonderful experience.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati
“Left Hungry”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Beautiful Restaurant, Wonderful Atmosphere, Fantastic Service. Where is the FOOD?
Sadly, menu changed since last visit 2 years ago. Recently ordered "? " French name... Description said "sweet potato". It was 8 pm. I just wanted something healthy, light ... I thought I was ordering a sweet potato "fancied up". Description did not say "sweet potato medallion". I was not interested in a main course (meat/duck/fish). There was NO normal "salad" dish offered. So, for $18, I received TWO quarter-sized medallion slices of a seasoned sweet potato (delicious!) A double-thumb sized, deep fried biscuit (delicious), one teas of jalapeno jelly (incredible) and a small brown blog of something I could not identify (possibly a mushroom type thing). Five small BITES ... and my "meal" was over. My table mates were shocked at "nothing" on my plate when the serving lid was lifted... Then their awkward laugh turned into sincere offerings of food off their plates. (I refused...their "MAINS" were skimpy too.) Really shocked. Much better experience with food ... LAST TIME.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lake Orion, Michigan, United States
“High end menu and very fine wine list.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The menu is heavy on meat and game, if you are vegan you'll have little to select from but the waiter was happy to ask the chef to accommodate. We are pescetarians, we eat fish, so we had two choices we were happy with. The service was spot-on and the ambiance very plush. Ask for a window table to avoid the more close quarters of the main area. I disliked nothing about this restaurant. I was surprised there was such fine dining in this city!

Visited October 2012