“steak is the star” 5 of 5 stars

513-321-5454
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Precinct is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 1,725 restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Columbia Parkway
Transit: There is a public transit stop across the street from the front entrance.
Atlanta, Georgia
“steak is the star”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Third visit to the precinct and every time a fantastic steak, could not resist to plug it for our fellow travelers. Charm of the restaurant, friendly bar scene and great appetizers will always be coming behind the shining star...the steak.

88% Recommend
Beaver Dam, WI
“Met all expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

4 of us enjoyed a truly wonderful experience on June 4, 2013. We were surprised at how busy the restaurant was. Our server, Chris, was knowledgeable, well paced and accommodating. The physical layout of the restaurant required amazing choreography among the wait staff.
While it is pricey, the food, drinks and wine were, in our opinion, worth the cost. Each of us had a different cut of beef and all were outstanding. The only glitch occurred when a steak ordered medium rare was delivered having been cooked to a strong medium. It was replaced immediately and without debate. The others were prepared as ordered. The flavor, texture and seasoning of each steak was unique and terrific. We would return and would not hesitate to recommend it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Union, Kentucky
“great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I loved the location (old police building) and the atmosphere was great. I had the dry agged ribeye and it was done perfectly. the dessert was a lemon sour cream cake and I would go back just for that. My steak came with mashed potatoes. When I asked for asparagus instead of the mashed potatoes . I was told I could not substitute. This was disappointing and hurt the experience. For what we were paying this should not have been a problem.

• Visited May 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

My wife and I ate here on 6-6-13. The restaurant is in an old police precinct, which makes for a very interesting atmosphere. This is an old school steakhouse down to every single detail.

I had the foie gras appetizer. It was immaculately prepared with sauce that perfectly complemented the melt in your mouth duck liver. My wife had the scallop & lobster claw fricassee which she reported was perfect.

For a main course I had the Joey Votto, a 65 day aged new york strip. The aging made it buttery and almost as tender as a filet. It also had a slightly gamey flavor, much like prosciutto. It was absolutely perfect. My wife had the tournedos rossini which was perfectly prepared.

The service was excellent and while this is a pricey night out it was well worth it. I've been to a lot of steakhouses in my day, the Precinct is easily the best I've ever been to.

Denver,CO
“Fantastic Steaks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

The wait staff as well as the hostesses are all so friendly. We had heard about the restaurant but finally had the opportunity to try and we were not disappointed. The appetizers are awesome. The Shrimp are huge and so tasty. We started out with a seasonal tomato, argula and fresh mozzerela cheese salad that was very fresh. My husband had the iceberg wedge which is a standard for salads with him. All of the steaks are Prime which is a real plus. My husband had the Brandon Phillips which was a peppercorn crusted filet with a brandy cream sauce. Totally awesome. I decided to try the Santa Ono Filet Mignon which was a Wagyu Kobe Beef and cut to order. It was the most flavorful steak I have ever eaten. We were so full we did not have room for the fabulous deserts. We will definitely be back.