“Great steak in a fun atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

The Precinct
311 Delta Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45226-2135
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Precinct is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,711 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Steakhouse, American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Columbia Parkway
Transit: There is a public transit stop across the street from the front entrance.
Description: For Jeff Ruby, this is the steakhouse that started it all. In 1981, The Precinct was born in the former Cincinnati Police Patrol House Number 6. This turn-of-the-century, Romanesque-style structure would hold what is now the longest, continuously running white tablecloth restaurant in the city. Recently named one of America's Top 10 Steakhouses by USA Today and Gayot.com, The Precinct is frequently recognized as having Cincinnati’s best steaks, seafood and service. This consistent high level of quality and overall guest experience over 3 decades has endeared Precinct to celebrities, businesspeople, families and loyal diners alike.
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great steak in a fun atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

While hard for us to get to, the atmosphere is fun, frenetic and the food terrific. It's like a Chicago steakhouse - small tables, bustling wait staff and big portions. Wait staff tries hard and delivers.

Visited February 2012

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Had some pre-dinner concerns given the prices reviewed on their website. Well -- that was wrong! Our waitress Julie was just charming (concerned about stuffiness - she proved that to be very incorrect). The salads (included) were large and super. Bread (included) with special butter was very good. My $42.00 strip steak was huge and included onion straws and a potato. The flavor of the steak and the medium rare preparation were just outstanding. We enjoyed a reasonably priced bottle of Reisling wine. The memory of that excellent meal lingers, I am ready to return (after I finish my left-over steak). WOW

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Always a Treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Wonderful aged steaks, with fish alternatives such as chilean sea bass. Portions are large and rich--serving staff is impeccable. You won't go away dissatisfied. Customers range of wealthy "regulars" to families celebrating a special occasion.

Visited October 2012
Blanchester, Ohio
“Best and biggest Filet Mignon I've ever had!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

What can I say? Jeff Ruby is known for his steaks and The Precinct has it all. I swear it has to have the best and biggest Filet Mignon I've ever had!!! My God was it good!!! I love the history of the place, the ambiance, the service!!! I've been there for dinner, drinks and even to see Martina McBride! That night I stood along side Marty and Tom Brennemen, Chris Collingsworth and NIck Lachey! And Jeff Ruby made me feel very welcome!!! And a plus is valet parking!!!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Jim F
Powell, Ohio
“Outstanding Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We hosted a wedding rehersal dinner on Nov 29th in the upstairs banquet room. The service was excellent with attention payed to every detail. The food was outstanding especially the steaks as I heard from many that it was the BEST they ever had. As well we had 38 people in our group and the food was served as HOT!!! Highly reccommened for large groups

Visited November 2012