“Sept/Oct in Cincy 2013” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Scotti's Italian Restaurant

Scotti's Italian Restaurant
919 Vine St, Cincinnati, OH 45202-1112 (Central Business District)
513-721-9484
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Miami
“Sept/Oct in Cincy 2013”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Very satisfied. Pasta, Meatballs, Sausage, Salad, Bread and Soup formed a great meal. Not as pricy as some say. I would return without hesitation.

66% Recommend
Sicklerville, New Jersey
“Great food but very dark.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Dropped my son off at the University of Cincinnati and since we are not from the area got a recommendation to try this restaurant. We had a very good meal here.
One drawback, it is very very dark. I really think they need to reconsider the lighting. Unfortunately I had a "germaphobe" in our party and she refused to order due to her discomfit. too bad because the food is very good.
We had the minestrone soup to start, every one agreed it was delicious. even the finicky kids in the group. Next the brought us our salad, once again the dressing is superb. I had the lobster and shrimp fra diavolo. Wonderful!! My pet peeve is when places call stuff fra diavolo and it's barely tasty. this was spicey and flavorful. My MIL had a wonderful lasagna and my kids did a sausage pasta dish.
It was a nice change after a long day. Servers were friendly and answered all questions completely. we ordered some garlic bread but I can't say if it was tasty because my kids inhaled it before I could get a taste.

My one complaint. chill the soda please. I hate hot soda with ice. taste flat.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Columbus
“Saw the sign. We had to try it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

We were in Cincinnati for work and were walking to Skyline Chili for lunch when we saw this. Anyplace in business over 100 years deserves a try. The food was excellent. I enjoyed the manicotti and my coworkers had a variety of dishes. We will be back

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Small, romantic .... do not miss this restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have made this restaurant a must when visiting Cincinnati. The restaurant is family owned. The woman who waited on us, is the great granddaughter of the original owner. The atmosphere is one to remember; candles and dimly lit. This is a very romantic and intimate setting! It is within walking distance of many of the downtown hotels.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cincinnati
“Real italian food for real people.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I've Been going to Scotti's all my life and I've read through all the reviews and simply don't get some of them but I think I've figured it out. Scotti's is a very unique, not your run of the mill experience. If you're looking for a Jeff Ruby or Nicolas type of experience forget it. If you're looking for wonderful Italian food that has evolved over more than 4 generations of the same family this is your place. Is it the most glamorous place? Nope. Is it the cheapest place? Nope. But believe me it's one of Cincinnati's jewels. Food snobs and county club types with attitudes who need their butts kissed stay away, you'll hate it and make up terrible things to say. Real people who enjoy real food and great people come on down and enjoy!

• Visited June 2013