“good food, good atmosphere, good service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Teak Thai Cuisine and Sushi Bar

Teak Thai Cuisine and Sushi Bar
1051 Saint Gregory St, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Mount Adams)
513-665-9800
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Teak Thai Cuisine and Sushi Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #410 of 1,731 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese
Good for: Romance, Outdoor seating, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Street Food
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Mount Adams
Cross street: Pavlion
Description: Teak Thai Cusine and Sushi Bar is located in Cincinnati and serves Thai Cuisine.
Decorah, Iowa
“good food, good atmosphere, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I travel to Cincinnati on business once per year in early June, and my colleagues and I make a point to visit Teak Thai one evening. The walk to Mt. Adams from downtown is a bit long and you need good directions or GPS, but the food at Teak is worth it. A nice selection of Thai dishes along with an extensive sushi menu. The food is good enough to bring us back but probably not outstanding. The old house in which the restaurant is located is quaint with various levels. Service is usually quite good -- ask for Felicidad; she is a hoot.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cincinnati
“Good not great Thai. Filthy. Needs a good scrubbing.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We've been to Teak a few times before over the years. If you are catching a show at Playhouse in the Park its about a 10 minute walk on a nice day from the theater. Food is good. Decent variety. My problem with the restaurant is that it's so dirty. The hand rails, steps and walls going up the steps inside the restaurant are filthy and sticky. Looks like nobody has cleaned the whole restaurant for many many years. The walls and furniture are dirty. There's water damage that looks like it's been that way for years.

Our group of 6 dined there on the back porch nestled into the Mt Adams hillside. The trees hang over the tables and 4 times during our meal the birds pooped onto our table, getting a plate, a drink, one lady's hair and my wife's clothing.
Bugs and tree parts constantly drifted onto our food... So I'm thinking they should invest a little $ and cut back the trees.
Dirty:
My big white plate that was placed in front of me had two thumb size splotches of brown food already on it. How anybody could serve that is beyond me. No apology when I traded it back in.
One of our party found a grain of rice in his beer (!) and when he complained about it, a staff person told him it came out of the tap. Excuse me? A piece of old rice comes out of their beer tap? I don't think so.
We split a 22 oz bottle of Sapporo beer. When the server set the beer bottle on the table, the whole side of it was covered in some dark brown sticky goo. This leads me to believe that their "Working" part of the restaurant is at least as dirty as the guest side. Cleanliness is clearly not a priority at Teak.
We will find another place in Mt Adams area next time.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Good food, nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Good Thai food that can be brought to very spicy if that is your thing. They have a small nice seating area in back. Been twice and never disappointed.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Good Thai Food in Cincinnati”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Went to Teak for dinner a few nights ago with friends. Teak is a dependable choice in the Mt. Adams area, nothing amazing but nothing bad either. I had the chicken pad thai and it was fine. Between the 6 of us we all ordered different dishes and all of us enjoyed our food. Service was friendly and quick. I am sure I will go back to Teak on occasion but it's not the kind of thing I will be craving.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Paro, Bhutan
“Best Thai in Town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Long time personal favorite. Ate their twice last week. Always get the Crispy Basil Duck. Volcano Shrimp is excellent. Panang Beef is my wife's favorite

Nice outdoor seating for summer. Sushi as well which for some reason every Cincinnati Thai restaurant feels compelled to serve...

Visited April 2013