“Good food, nice atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Teak Thai Cuisine and Sushi Bar

Teak Thai Cuisine and Sushi Bar
1051 Saint Gregory St, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Mount Adams)
513-665-9800
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Teak Thai Cuisine and Sushi Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #410 of 1,730 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese
Good for: Romance, Outdoor seating, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Street Food
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Mount Adams
Cross street: Pavlion
Description: Teak Thai Cusine and Sushi Bar is located in Cincinnati and serves Thai Cuisine.
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Good food, nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Good Thai food that can be brought to very spicy if that is your thing. They have a small nice seating area in back. Been twice and never disappointed.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Good Thai Food in Cincinnati”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Went to Teak for dinner a few nights ago with friends. Teak is a dependable choice in the Mt. Adams area, nothing amazing but nothing bad either. I had the chicken pad thai and it was fine. Between the 6 of us we all ordered different dishes and all of us enjoyed our food. Service was friendly and quick. I am sure I will go back to Teak on occasion but it's not the kind of thing I will be craving.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Paro, Bhutan
“Best Thai in Town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Long time personal favorite. Ate their twice last week. Always get the Crispy Basil Duck. Volcano Shrimp is excellent. Panang Beef is my wife's favorite

Nice outdoor seating for summer. Sushi as well which for some reason every Cincinnati Thai restaurant feels compelled to serve...

Visited April 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“What is Thai for "Meh"?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I had a little Thai Food. I had a little sushi.

The thai wide noodle dish I had was tasty, but not magnificent. The depth of flavor was less than I was accustomed to from this dish, and it was heavy on the hot spices, sacrificing heat for depth.

The sushi was a bit dry - and unremarkable. I never understand why restaurants feel the need to diversify in this way - the Thai would have ranked a very good, but the sushi dragged it down. The shrimp in the sushi lacked any shrimpy flavor.

The saki was served far too hot, and was of a mediocre quality.

Service was functional, but reasonably attentive.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Well above average”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We ate at Teak about 2 weeks ago for probably the 30'th time in the last 10 years - it is one of my favorite Cincinnati restaurants. I had never read the TripAdvisor reviews and I was surprised at some of the negative ones. I am giving it 5 stars here even though it truthfully should get 4 stars to try to cancel some of the negative reviews.

First, the parking is pretty tough, as some others have said. They have free parking spaces in a lot right across St. Gregory St. from the entrance, but they only have about 8 spaces there and they fill up fast on busy nights. We last ate there at 6pm on a Tuesday because we were going somewhere else after and parking was easy. At 7:30 on Saturday night, not likely.

You enter at the level of the sushi bar, and there are about 12 steps up to the main dining level. The restaurant is in an old house, and the decor is tired and dusty for the most part, but it certainly is not "dirty" as one reviewer put it. You could be seated in one of three or four rooms from the old house, and we have eaten in all of them. When we have had reservations, we have never experienced the long additional waits that some others have described. I think we waited about 10 minutes once, but otherwise were seated when we walked in if we had reservations and were not early.

When you are seated, you get menus, the wine list (not extensive, but remember that this is a Thai restaurant), and pencils and order forms for sushi if you want some. I would agree that the sushi is a bit overpriced for what you get, but the selection is very wide, and it's good, so we sometimes order some and sometimes we skip it.

The food: I think the food is excellent. My terrific wife is vegetarian and does not tolerate overly greasy or oily food, and she enjoys the stir-fried vegetables at Thai. We've had crab puffs (fabulous!), miso soup, hot and sour soup, wonton soup, fried rice, pad thai, red, green and yellow curry, panang curry, teak trio, seafood delight, seafood vermicelli, and duck. Everything has always been very good and with big enough portions that there are usually leftovers.

Service is very good and friendly - the wait staff will explain dishes if asked and multiple people bring the dishes out when they are ready (so the whole table may not be served at the same time).

Go to Teak and then walk to the shops, or the Playhouse or Art Museum. I can hardly wait to go again.

• Visited November 2012