“Traditional French Bakery--read: BUTTER” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 1,725 restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Bakery, Dessert, Café, Tea Room
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Traditional French Bakery--read: BUTTER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Not only are their creations wildy imaginative and gorgeous, they are just as tasty as they look--RICH RICH RICH. These treats are definately for any special occasion. The cafe is nice as well--"High Tea" is a special treat.

Visited October 2012
bonbonerie, Director of Sales at The BonBonerie Bakery & Cafe, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to review The BonBonerie. We hope you stop by during the holidays to try our Yule Log and get some of our French macarons.

86% Recommend
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Bad experience with arrogant attitude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

My wedding was on June 2012, We decided go with Opera Cream and Tangerine flavors. Cake arrived on time and loved it when I saw it at the reception hall. We cut the cake and I ate my first piece of cake, found I was chewing on an acrylic nail. I showed it to my husband. I spent 450 + money on the best bakery in Cincinnati to pretty much eat an acrylic nail. I almost puke front of my guests. I was so worried about my guest happens to experience another acrylic nail. called Bon Bonerie, Carol, who was in charge of my wedding cake denied that human can make any mistakes and mentioned it is impossible for them to make any sort of mistakes, and all kind of excused such as ‘they are not allowed to wear any nail polish’, They blamed it on the person who cut the cake at the reception, but the best part…person who cut the cake was my Husband’s Uncle (I’m 100% sure he does not wear acrylic nails). Carol was very rude to me and pretty much hung up on me. THANKS TO THE BON BONERIE who made me hate cake. DEAR BON BONNERIE, THANKS FOR SPOILING MY WEDDING CAKE, YOU PRETTY MUCH MANAGED TO DISGUST THE BRIDGE AND WHEN EVER I OPEN MY FRIDGE, I SO MUCH WANTING TO THROW THAT STUPID TOP LAYER WITOUGH SAVING IT FOR OUR FIRST YEAR ANNIVERSARY.

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati
“Dry Cake.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

My husband and I tasted cake there for our wedding, and it was not impressive. Everything was a little dry, as if it had been frozen.

Fort Mitchell, Kentucky
“Worth the Drive!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I took my mother & my wife to BonBonerie for lunch. It was a good dining experience. I had the chicken salad sandwich on fresh baked Dill bread - absolutely delicious. My wife had the Albacore Tuna sandwich on Dill bread w/a cup of Butternut Squash soup & the pasta salad and loved every portion. My mother had the Albacore Tuna sandwich on wheat w/a salad - loved it. Even though the portions were fairly large for us we HAD to share a piece of the Opera Cream cake and we were so glad we did! Our waitress was very cheerful & attentive.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
bonbonerie, Public Relations Manager at The BonBonerie Bakery & Cafe, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write such a great review and we are so glad to hear your experience at the cafe was worth the drive!
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Opera Cream Cake rocks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

For the best cakes in Cincinnati, go here. It's a little hidden, tucked in off of Madison Road in Obrianville with limited parking, but worth the drive. The best part of planning our wedding was trying all their samples. Opera Cream is still our favorite, and I always try to pick one up for our anniversary and sometimes on a whim if I'm driving around that area.

Visited March 2012
bonbonerie, Director of Sales at The BonBonerie Bakery & Cafe, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thanks for the great review. You rock also