“The. Best. Dessert.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aglamesis Brothers

Aglamesis Brothers
3046 Madison Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45209-1797 (Oakley)
(513) 531-5196
Neighborhood: Oakley
Cincinnati, Ohio
“The. Best. Dessert.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Most Cincinnatians debate the best ice cream in the city between Graeter's and UDF. That's probably because there's no debate about Aglamesis. This isn't just ice cream: it's pure, frozen, sugary love. Not to mention Aglamesis hand made chocolate desserts and other non-ice cream fare. UDF is convenient. Graeter's has achieved commercial success and is even exporting their ice cream out of the city. Aglamesis is where we go to celebrate gladly driving past numerous UDF's and Graeter's. The raspberry chocolate chip is a classic. I often try their seasonal flavors. Then there's the nectar soda. I'm not sure what's in it, but it should be served with a side of insulin. Watching them prepare a nectar soda is like watching a mad scientist at work in a lab. It's been my favorite since I was a kid and continues to be my go-to dessert when I want to splurge.

• Visited May 2014

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Good place for the ICE Cream~~”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I honestly have visited here more than Greater's Ice cream. This is not the huge place neither have been so crowed (based on my experience). However, they are nice and friendly, as well as the great selection of the ice cream. I usually visit with my family and kids. All of them love this places~

• Visited July 2013
Lansing, Michigan
“confused by reviews”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

The store is very interesting. The ice cream is average at best. The chocolate is poor to average at best. I think if people were honest about the flavor of the ice cream and chocolate and not falling in love with the building they would not rate the sweets so highly. Graeter's is far superior. Aglamesis was a huge disappointment. Wanted to love this place.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
cincinnati
“A treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Any visit to Cincinnati should include a stop at this Victorian ice cream parlour in Oakley. (homemade candy and sandwiches, too)
Locals don't argue over which ice cream is better - Graeter's or Aglamesis. We are blessed with 2 phenomenal local ice creams!

Visited April 2014
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

We were in Cincinnati for two days and after finding this place on TripAdvisor we had to try it.
Oh. My. Goodness. Cutest little shop, cutest neighborhood, friendliest staff! We walked in expecting a lunch counter, and received several recommendations from the three people working. Went with one they mentioned and it was great! Came back to Algamesis Brothers for dessert. The boys had black cherry ice cream and the girls had champagne and mint chocolate chip. We hail from Door County, Wisconsin and cherries are definitely our thing. The boys said this was the BEST cherry ice cream they had ever tried, including the ice creams made up here. Mint chocolate chip was incredible and had the perfect balance of mint/chocolate. Champagne was great to have on a warm spring day. Super refreshing! If we are ever back in Cincinnati, we will definitely be stopping again!!

• Visited April 2014