“Mouthwatering baby back ribs and they will ship them straight to your house!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Montgomery Inn at the Boathouse

Montgomery Inn at the Boathouse
925 Riverside Drive, Cincinnati, OH 45202-1631
(513) 721-7427
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Montgomery Inn at the Boathouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 1,720 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Eggleston Avenue
San Antonio, Texas
“Mouthwatering baby back ribs and they will ship them straight to your house!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

The Montgomery Inn is a fabulous restaurant with the finest view of the river and impeccable service. Everything is excellent; however, for me... It's all about chowing down on a rack of mouth-watering, cooked-to-perfection baby back ribs slathered with Rib King barbecue sauce. This is the place to enjoy great food in a classy, elegant, romantic setting. Also, there are a lot of cool celebrity photographs from movie stars, athletes, politicians, musicians etc. Every famous person who ever visited Cincinnati has made this the "go to" place to dine. Bob Hope loved the ribs so much that he had ribs flown out to Palm Springs regularly to entertain his guests. You can too. They will ship ribs (baby backs) packed in dry ice straight to your door anywhere. It is pricey but the unique flavor of these ribs make it worthwhile. Enjoy!

Visited May 2014

“Doesn't live up to hype”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were in town for a Reds game and he wanted to try the ribs because this place is suppose to be so good. We weren't impressed at all. I originally was going to try the pulled pork until I found out the sauce was mixed in it, not my idea of a good pulled pork, I bet it comes out of plastic bag just a guess though. Its very pricey, nothing else on menu I seen that I wanted to spend that kind of money on already not being impressed by their version of pulled pork. I ordered a side salad and mozzarella sticks. Salad was old, lettuce was wilted and dry looking, dressing had bad after taste. I had a few bites and decided to quit, manager took salad off bill. Cheese sticks even tasted bad only had three of them. My husband got the ribs and chicken, the rubs were drowning in sauce. He said the ribs were good once he scrapped the sauce off. A little disappointing, my couple days getaway from the kids and my dinner was a few bites of salad and three cheese sticks. Definitely not going back and won't recommend to anyone.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Consistent goodness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

My out of town relatives always want to come here--they love it. I must say it isn't the best barbeque I've ever had, but it is very good--and, it is very consistent. Service is excellent, and you can feel comfortable there in anything from shorts to a suit (be sure to get the bib!)

• Visited June 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
“A Cincinnati Institution”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Skip the valet parking, the walk from the non-pay lot is not far. Beautiful setting, get to watch river traffic since the restaurant is right on the river. Everything is ala carte, and pricey, but the food is delicious! My favorite is the Gulf Shrimp with plum sauce.

• Visited August 2014
Westerville, Ohio
“Good ribs but not as great as people say.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

When you go to this restaurant you should make a reservation. You have to look at the whole experience not just the food or service or atmosphere. Overall we had a good time. Valet parking made things convenient and it was only $4. We were seated in 20 minutes with a good view of the river. It was very nice. The full slab of ribs was a good size. The meat fell off of the bone. Did not like the BBQ sauce as much as I thought I would. I like City BBQ better.

Visited August 2014