“The only ribs I'll eat” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Montgomery Inn at the Boathouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #94 of 1,782 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Californian, Barbecue
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Eggleston Avenue
gottagoqueen
“The only ribs I'll eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I always thought it was disgusting to watch people eat greasy ribs. Montgomery Inn changed my mind. My favorite is the ribs and shrimp. The plum sauce must be mixed to get full flavor and not put me on the floor with the sinus rush. Don't get me wrong, it is YUM! View is great. Service typically good. Decent pricing. My young daughter said, 'Beats the heck out of McDonalds' It got a good laugh. Seems like we've stopped in a few times on weekends and were disappointed it wasn't open earlier --lunch or Sunday. I can't remember so check the hours of op.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Jacksonville, Florida
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Wonderful restaurant on the Ohio River with a great view. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Had a great time.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Howell, Michigan
“Great BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

My wife and I celebrated fathers day at the Inn. This is my favorite place for ribs in the Cincinnati area - they are so delicious and simply fall right off the bone. The BBQ sauce is fantastic - always like to have a bottle around the house for my own pulled pork! The Boathouse is in a great location with nice river views.

Marquette, Michigan, United States
“The view is the best part”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

It took awhile for the waitress to get our drink orders and she seemed bored and disinterested. After we ordered our food she said she was going to bring bread. About 15 minutes later we asked if we were still getting it and she replied in an annoyed tone "it's coming." I didn't like the ribs/barbecue sauce at all. My boyfriend gave me his shrimp and those were generically deep fried. Being from out of town I was hoping for a great Cincinnati dining experience but I didn't get it.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Burlington, North Carolina
“A Cincinnati Tradition”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

A great view of the river, and good food. Nothing spectacular but the staff is friendly and the food is fairly priced. No need for valet since the parking lot in front of the restaurant was not full. I had the pulled pork sandwich with a sweet potato. I had to request sauce for the pork since it had little flavor. Good BBQ doesn't need sauce.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere