“Ribs and duck” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Montgomery Inn at the Boathouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 1,658 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American, Californian, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Eggleston Avenue
Salina
“Ribs and duck”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I came here for a business dinner and found it quite nice. The restaurant was packed and quite noisy, which made it a little difficult to socialize but that's my only complaint. The food was outstanding. The duck was terrific, and they have a nice selection of wine.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Chicago
“Bland and tasteless”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Just finished dinner here. Sorry, but I have had better ribs at Fridays, Outback, Denny's, you name it. No flavoring (hickory or othertwise) no seasoning. I tried the ribs with sauce on the side so I could savor what I assumed would be the flavor of the meat - not. Absolutely tasteless and lacked freshness. Other dinners with me had the same bland experience. The service was ok, but the waitress coughing her lungs up while taking our order was a bit un-settleling.

No reason what so ever to go back, except maybe for the views and a cocktail. I suppose burgers could be ok. Don't go for the ribs!!!

Visited February 2013
Orangeburg, South Carolina
“Noisy, fun, delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Noisy, 40 minute wait in the bar despite a reservation, but lots of happy people anticipating the delicious ribs. Great river view. And did I mention the delicious ribs? Large menu of other things to eat, but really, you should have the ribs.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint Cloud, Florida
“Excellent BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Although not a huge fan of BBQ I loved theirs. The meat, I had chicken and chop, was cooked perfectly and the BBQ sauce, server on the side, was flavorful and not overly sweet. The place has an upscale feel but still casual and staff are friendly and helpful.

Visited January 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
“I Love This Place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

I took one last trip down memory lane prior to relocating to Knoxville TN. Same great experience I have come to know and love. I often wonder why such a excellent product has not made it to the South. I know I would eat there on a regular basis. Love it and will enjoy it once again as I swing through Cincinnati!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere