“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Primavista is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 1,747 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: W. 8th & Price
Description: Award-winning Primavista is named after it's breath- taking view of the Ohio River and Cincinnati skyline. Located just 5 Minutes west of downtown,it's a great place to dine Italian while relaxing with a date,friends,or family.Owners Joan and Frank Lenkerd have been working together with Chef Chris Prince for over 20 years and have received many various awards including : Best Food with a view,Most Romantic,and Best Italian.party rooms,carry out and free parking are also available.
Cincinnati
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

My husband and I went to Primavista to celebrate our 5 year anniversary in June 2013. We had reservations and were seated at a table lining the windows, which had a spectacular view of downtown Cincinnati (although almost all the tables have a wonderful view)!

Menu selections were plentiful, the service was outstanding (both our waitress and the guys who came around the refill our waters), the wine was great (and very no more expensive when comparing the same one to less expensive restaurants), and the food was out of this world.

This was the best meal I've ever had and was worth every dime! The experience was great and we will be back another day. Easy parking located across the street.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“I have eaten here many years and been served by many owners but...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Last week we reserved a table thru Open Table and were treated to the best meal that I have had in a long time. We ordered two specials, Wild caught Alaskan Salmon with a great sauce and Veal with anther great sauce. The service was perfect, the view was perfect.

• Visited August 2013
“Dinner with a View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The Prima Vista Restaurant is in a high rise residential building in Price Hill, a Cincinnati neighborhood. The Restaurant has a stunning view of Cincinnati. It is a very nice place to go to for special occasions. The wait staff is on the mark and the food is super. We go there for birthdays usually. My mother and Step-father really enjoy a night out there. The parking is across the street but since it is a very quiet street that isn't a problem. Sometimes, people forget about it because it is not in the city center but it should not be overlooked for a special place for dinner.

• Visited September 2012
“Best Italian in Cincy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Best Italian food and Service in Cincinnati. Fantastic view of Cincinnati. Excellent wine selection and cozy bar if you need to wait for a table.

Visited May 2013
“Pricey Italian”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Took our older neighbors to Prima Vista as they said they'd wanted to try it. I think they were a little sticker-shocked, but you're paying more for the view of downtown Cincinnati.
The food is high quality, but even I (I'm 51) thought the prices were a little over the top for what was offered.
They don't have standard Italian fare such as lasagna or onion soup, my husband went with the cheese ravioli, we split a salad, which was ok, I can't even remember the ala carte dish I chose, the neighbor's had pasta and shrimp which they didn't seem to think too much of.
I had a dirty martini which wasn't "dirty" at all, but our server was SO friendly and very patient explaining the menu and specials and always there if needed.
If you enjoy pricey Italian and being in a place that people don't dress like slobs, AND enjoy a great view of Cincinnati, then Prima V is for you.
Me? I'd rather walk next door to The Incline House where they have fabulous salads, great bruschetta and prices that are more in line with an enjoyable evening out AND a gorgeous deck with the very same views, if not better!

• Visited May 2013