“Go for the beer and sausages” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: German
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Go for the beer and sausages”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I'm a Cincinnati native who moved away with family in '60's. I travel for work, mostly by car. On the way through town, on a whim I looked for a German beer garden. My grandfather used to frequent one when I was little. By golly it's still there.

The Met wurst and Brat wurst with mashed and kraut were what the doctor ordered. Very good quality sausages. I hit at a time when there was a choice of 2 American and 3 German Oktoberfest beers. I enjoyed it but the service was inattentive at a fairly empty bar.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cincinnati, Ohio
“A Taste of the Old German Cincinnati”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

If you like German food, you'll like this place. It's a throwback to an old German Beer Garden with good beer to boot. My one complaint is that parking in this area can sometimes be tough.

Cincinnati Ohio
“Really good food and an authentic atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I've been eating here for years, but only recently went inside to eat...what a pleasure. The food is always good. They have authentic german, but that isn't for you, you'll find something delish! We had a few drinks in the bar first - then retired to the restaurant part for great service and fab food. The outside is great. A nice shady spot and EXCELLENT beer selection. A great choice anytime of the year, inside or out!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Decent German Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

When I have an urge for German food, I first think of Mecklenburg Gardens. It's a little drive for me, but it is worth it. I love to sit out under the vine covered patio and enjot a meal and brew.

Visited June 2012
Cincinnati
“Wunderbar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

With my boyfriend's visiting German cousins, we enjoyed spectacular food, in a lovely setting, with terrific service and excellent wine. We come to Mecklenburgs for all celebratory events -- births, birthdays, engagements, just because... We L♥VE Mecklenburg Gardens.

Visited June 2012