“Good time but make sure you get there for a tour” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 63 Attractions in Cincinnati
Type: Museums
More attraction details
Owner description: We are home to a visual history of American Signage from 1870 through 1970. Hand carved wooden signs, gold leaf, electric light bulbs, and neon all grace our walls and tell amazing stories, especially when told by our founder and avid collector Tod. Take a trip down memory lane and visit us in the Camp Washington neighborhood of Cincinnati!
Watertown, Massachusetts
12 attraction reviews
“Good time but make sure you get there for a tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Stopped by to till some time on a business trip and grabbed the afternoon tour. It was really neat and I found it interesting but I'm glad I hooked on to the free tour as it put things in much better perspective.

Knoxville, Tennessee
21 attraction reviews
“Very Neat Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

This was a very neat place. I think the cost is a little high for the size of the museum. You definitely want to take the tour though I can't see how it would be good without that. IT was 40.00 for 3 of us and we walked thought it in 20 minutes then took the tour which gives you a lot of back ground and interesting facts. Not really a sign out front (ha ha) and we parked on the street because we weren't sure where to go.

Visited July 2014
Rawdon, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“You will never see signs the same way after”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We had a great time at the museum! We took the guided tour with the founder. Many many many interesting informations and lots of nice things to see. We were with our 7 yo daughter and she liked it, even if she doesn't understand english very well (we speak french at home)

Visited July 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
6 attraction reviews
“Visit a place few Cincinnatians know about...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I love to see businesses flourish and this is at the top of my list. I first became acquainted with the museum when it was a small place in an artist's enclave and my sister and I had a personal tour with the owner and curator. The new venue is spectacular. Seeing pieces of history restored and on display warms my heart. The love and respect given the pieces is evident and how wonderful that someone has made it their mission to share that love with the rest of us. Just fabulous!

Cincinnati, Ohio
“trip down memory lane”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

What a fun 90 minutes! Anyone over 40 will remember the original Big Boy, McDonald's and other great signs from family summer road trips. Very interesting lessons on Neon, Theatre/Movie artwork and all kinds of other signage from days gone by. The Main Street recreation is very charming. Worth the trip--then head to the Northside for an interesting take on the urban experience.

Visited June 2014

Been to American Sign Museum? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage American Sign Museum, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.