“Bring your camera! I will return.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 88 Attractions in Cincinnati
Type: Museums
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: We are home to a visual history of American Signage from 1870 through 1970. Hand carved wooden signs, gold leaf, electric light bulbs, and neon all grace our walls and tell amazing stories, especially when told by our founder and avid collector Tod. Take a trip down memory lane and visit us in the Camp Washington neighborhood of Cincinnati!
Joplin, Missouri, USA
11 attraction reviews
“Bring your camera! I will return.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

The group I practically forced to visit The American Sign museum with me did NOT want to go. They thought it sounded boring and also thought it was a sign language museum. We walked around in awe looking at the old Howard Johnson, Route 66, and other neat old business signs. When we left the place my group thanked me for making them go. It was SO much fun! We all brought our cameras and took dozens of photos of the retro neon signs. We will definitely return.

Visited January 2013

Louisville, Kentucky
10 attraction reviews
“Neat Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

The American Sign Museum is a very cool place to go if you enjoy old school Americana the time and effort they have put in to making and designing this museum if very neat they do offer a tour however I was on a time crunch and couldn't not participate my only complaint is it is a little small and I think the 15 dollar adult price is a little high for the size of the museum there are many other attractions that are bigger and more time worthy for a 15 and above price but other than that if you enjoy old American history it is a neat place to check out

Visited April 2013
Saint Charles, Missouri
5 attraction reviews
“Nice collection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Our family of four toured this museum and enjoyed the variety of signs and the history of them. The tour was worthwhile and very informative. The design of the museum is creative and attractive, however, it's a bit small and we thought it was overpriced ($50 for the four of us). We spent about 1.5 hours here. That being said, I'd recommend this for middle-aged or older adults who will no doubt relate to the variety of signs!

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
8 attraction reviews
“Great Micro Museum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We had an awesome time at this museum. There were only a few other people there so I was able to have plenty of fun taking photos of the gorgeous vintage signs. They have their own inhouse Neon shoop which is really cool also. Be sure and stop in.

3 attraction reviews
“Unique”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

The American Sign Museum is a unique and interesting experience. This was my first time in their new location (they were in fairly cramped quarters before), and they've done a great job with the space making it seem like a streetscape. They have an unusual collection of all kinds of signs across many decades. The exhibits are interesting and informative. I would put this on my list of things to do in Cincinnati, for locals and visitors alike.