“Nice find” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 87 Attractions in Cincinnati
Type: Museums
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: We are home to a visual history of American Signage from 1870 through 1970. Hand carved wooden signs, gold leaf, electric light bulbs, and neon all grace our walls and tell amazing stories, especially when told by our founder and avid collector Tod. Take a trip down memory lane and visit us in the Camp Washington neighborhood of Cincinnati!
Morrow, Ohio
16 attraction reviews
“Nice find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

At first I though this would be boring but it was very well put together. I remember some of the signs when I was a kid. My 8 yr old thought is was cool tool. This is a nice little gem in Cincinnati. It is really worth going to see and they really tell you the history behind the signs too.

Visited September 2012

Ohio
18 attraction reviews
“More than just the history of signs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I learned about this museum earlier this year, about the time they were moving to their new location. The museum is somewhat deceiving from the street, but once you turn into their parking and pull up to the main entrance, you know you've come to the right place. Definitely plan to go on the tour, so go to their website and schedule one ahead of time. You will learn so much more than just the history of signs, but the history of the times that they were made.

Visited November 2012
Wheatland, California
33 attraction reviews
“Neat place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We visited last weekend. I think this is a neat museum and worth a visit if you are anywhere near Cincinnati. You have to take a tour to really appreciate everything, though. When we arrived it was a 20 minutes before the tour started so we walked around on our own. It was neat, but then during the tour we got more history and the signs were even cooler. Our tour guide was the owner of the museum and he did a good job of explaining the various types of signs and the history of sign-making.

Visited October 2012
Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia
10 attraction reviews
“American Sign Museum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

If you are planning a trip to Cincinnati. Please visit the American Sign Museum, It is hard to find, I used a GPS and I got lost but It is a wonderful place to visit. I highly recommend it.

Visited October 2012
Cincinnati
5 attraction reviews
“A Unique Not- To- Miss!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

We had an out of town visitor and I was looking for things to show him that were really unusual and interesting. I knew about the Sign Museum but just had not been able to " find the time" to visit. I was blown away!! Antiques Roadshow was there filming that day. The tour was full of fun info and I became a real sign lover. Though tourists will love this, I suggest that Cincinnati natives take a look too.