“Neat place!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 80 attractions in Cincinnati
Type: Museums
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: We are home to a visual history of American Signage from 1870 through 1970. Hand carved wooden signs, gold leaf, electric light bulbs, and neon all grace our walls and tell amazing stories, especially when told by our founder and avid collector Tod. Take a trip down memory lane and visit us in the Camp Washington neighborhood of Cincinnati!
Wheatland, California
14 attraction reviews
“Neat place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We visited last weekend. I think this is a neat museum and worth a visit if you are anywhere near Cincinnati. You have to take a tour to really appreciate everything, though. When we arrived it was a 20 minutes before the tour started so we walked around on our own. It was neat, but then during the tour we got more history and the signs were even cooler. Our tour guide was the owner of the museum and he did a good job of explaining the various types of signs and the history of sign-making.

Visited October 2012

Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia
10 attraction reviews
“American Sign Museum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

If you are planning a trip to Cincinnati. Please visit the American Sign Museum, It is hard to find, I used a GPS and I got lost but It is a wonderful place to visit. I highly recommend it.

Visited October 2012
Cincinnati
5 attraction reviews
“A Unique Not- To- Miss!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

We had an out of town visitor and I was looking for things to show him that were really unusual and interesting. I knew about the Sign Museum but just had not been able to " find the time" to visit. I was blown away!! Antiques Roadshow was there filming that day. The tour was full of fun info and I became a real sign lover. Though tourists will love this, I suggest that Cincinnati natives take a look too.

Atlanta, Georgia
8 attraction reviews
“A Museum With Heart”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

The American Sign Museum is not just a collection of signs. There are ubiquitous works of art mixed with intricate hand-rendered signs from people who didn't just make signs - they lived it and loved it. As mentioned in almost every review, the founder Tod Swormstedt, not only knows the details of every element, he delights in sharing his vast knowledge and love of the craft. Whether your interests lie in early American ephemera or the beauty of well-executed craftsmanship, this is a magical place.

Visited November 2011
liberty112
6 attraction reviews
“Excellent!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My father and I visited the American Sign Museum in August 2012. We skipped the group tour and walked around by ourselves and enjoyed looking at the great collections and reading about the different materials used to make signs during different eras. It is a wonderful place for photogaphy as there are several opportunities to snap shots of items that are often no longer in circulation.

We parked on the street before we realized after walking around the back of the building that there is an actual parking lot.

Good place to visit, clean, interesting, and a lot of neat history here! Plan to spend 1-2 hours browsing.

Visited August 2012

Been to American Sign Museum? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage American Sign Museum, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.