“Xavier Family Weekend -” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clifton House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cincinnati
Clifton House
Save Saved
You added Clifton House to your Saves list
500 Terrace Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45220 (Clifton)   |
Ranked #2 of 16 Cincinnati B&B and Inns
Westchester, New York, United States
“Xavier Family Weekend -”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

The Clifton House was the perfect connection for our Xavier family weekend in Cincinnati. The home and proprietor are equally wonderful and the food is beyond description. The value and quality are spot on.

We learned so much about the rich history of the inn as well as the surrounding area. Good conversation and tips on what to do made our weekend a more memorable experience.

We hope to return many more times to this exceptional home. Thank you Nancy for your kindness and conversation.

Room Tip: Each room has its own personality -- all are comfortable and welcoming.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Fort Thomas, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We were married and held our reception, September 2nd, 2012, at The Clifton House! It was truly a memorable day, with a beautiful, idyllic atmosphere, intimate gathering, and a very accomodating hostess in B&B owner, Nancy Niehaus. All of our guests continue to remark on the loveliness and enjoyment of the day. For all you travelers, it's the last word in being pampered! Nancy puts herself at your disposal! For our wedding night, my husband and I stayed in the cottage next door, which was very private and delightful. I enjoyed the luxurious bathroom, which included a jacuzzi bath . . . I personally felt like an egyptian queen! Also, Nancy brews up this "to-die-for" coffee from New Orleans, in the morning! Yummy! Ask for it by name, the "to-die-for coffee from New Orleans". :) She also serves up a delicious gourmet breakfast in the dining room, with more of that TDF coffee! I'm so very glad my memories of our special day involve The Clifton House. I recommend The Clifton House for a comfortable night while traveling, or extended stay in Cincinnati. My wedding guest from Virginia remarked that she really felt like she was in the heart of the "true Cincinnati" and the next time she comes back to visit, she knows where she'll be. If you like to be good to yourself, and enjoy comfort and pampering, this is the place!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Roanoke, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Our family reunion was recently held at the Clifton House. We took five of the available six rooms. Our hostess, Nancy, was most kind and wiling to offer advice on places to go or things to see. The breakfasts are prepared by chefs from the nearby Culinary School and are lovingly presented at the table, no details are spared. The rooms are spacious and most relaxing. The entire neighborhood architecture is awe inspiring. Bring your walking shoes and savor your walks, but be prepared for HILLS!!. The business district of Clifton is a terrific attraction, one you will want to cover. This is one we hope to return to someday!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

Gourmet breakfasts in waist-friendly proportions that are provided by culinary school students. The innkeeper is knowledgeable and very accommodating. The rooms on the third floor are separately zoned for AC and would be good for a family.

• Stayed August 2012
Livonia, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Clifton House on April 9, 2012. Very nice room, wonderful, soft sheets, huge bathroom with a great shower (very good water pressure). Nancy was very welcoming; helpful and available without being overwhelming. The common areas of the home are very nice and welcoming; lots of books with history of Cincinnati available for guests to read. Breakfast was wonderful - everything was delicious. Nancy had many great suggestions for sights to see in the area. Next time we're staying in Cincinnati, we'll stay here again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed at the Clifton House overnight for a coworker's wedding. Nancy welcomed us with wine and a fresh batch of brownies. The bed was incredibly comfortable and the breakfast was amazing. The morning we were there they put together a picture perfect breakfast. It started with an elegant berry medley then followed with an incredible vegetable and goat cheese frittata, thick cut bacon, fresh scone. The chefs Nancy uses are from a local culinary school and the students are putting a professional feather in their cap before they graduate and they got it spot on.

The B&B itself is nested in the Clifton neighborhood of Cincinnati which is block upon block of beautiful Victorian era homes. If you have some extra time, do yourself a favor and walk up Whittfield to Ludlow Avenue and take a right. There is several blocks of ethnic restaurants, a movie theatre, and a Skyline chile restaurant where you can take in the hometown chile specialty (not sure I get the attraction, but felt compelled to say I've tried it). Across from the Skyline is a unique fountain and steps to a small nature trail in Burnett woods. We were there during the summer so I followed the creek bed to a really nice park that had a staircase with a slide on it apparently built by the WPA in 1940. The slide was one of those unique finds you always hope for on your vacation--plus it was fairly fast, obviously from a less litigious era.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hudson, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

9 years of weekly travel, in and out of hotels each week, I found home in Cincinnati when I found Nancy and the Clifton House. In place of cold cereal, packaged eggs, bad coffee, I wake up every morning to a fresh pot of coffee outside my door by 6:00 am and the amazing smell of a gourmet breakfast being prepared in the kitchen below. I enjoy this every morning before going off to work. I have a long term contract that takes me to Cincinnati each week. No more hotel walls and small space. I enjoy this great home, beautiful yard and a glass of complimentary wine each evening when I get off work. It is a slice of heaven that makes traveling a joy. Thank you Nancy!

Room Tip: Nancy has hidden exercise equipment in the basement for all of you work out guru's. All the roo...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Clifton House? Share your experiences!