“A Must See” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Contemporary Arts Center

Contemporary Arts Center
44 E Sixth St, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)
513-345-8400
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 63 Attractions in Cincinnati
Type: Art Museums, Museums
More attraction details
Owner description: Reputed for its thought-provoking and innovative paintings, photography and other arts, this center, founded in 1939, is in a new six-story building that is a work of art itself, with fascinating features both inside and out.
Columbus, Ohio
5 attraction reviews
“A Must See”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Absolutely loved this place! The building itself was designed by world famous architect Zaha Hadia. The stairs and stairwells are amazing, lit up by light coming through floor to ceiling windows. At the time of our visit, the exhibits were engaging, entertaining and educational. Lots of interactive pieces. Some of the works were considered not suitable for minors, however, they had one floor appeared dedicated to children. We could have stayed longer than the two hours we scheduled for the visit. My teenage daughter, my friend and I all enjoyed this museum. Afterwards, we went across the street and ate at Nada's Mexican restaurant.

Visited April 2012

Belmont, Massachusetts
21 attraction reviews
“fascinating architecture, interesting art”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

I have wanted to experience a Zaha Hadid building for years. Got the chance recently When we were in Cincinnati, for my daughters fencing tournament recently, I stumbled upon this Zaha Hadid structure. I did not know that she had been commissioned to do this arts center in the U.S. So, it was a complete unexpected surprise, a welcome one, to find this intriguing structure in the middle of downtown. We visited on a Mon. night. Admission was free. Since there is no permanent collection, what is generally on view are rotating shows of contemporary art. Both the work and the exhibitions spaces were fun to see. My only regret is that the shop on the first floor was not very interesting in either its merchandise or layout. But, a minor issue overall.

Visited March 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
25 attraction reviews
“If you enjoy Contemporary Art this is for you.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

Totally enjoy the whole experience since I'm an Artist and a Photographer it certainly gets my creative juices going!

Cincinnati Ohio
8 attraction reviews
“Size Matters”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

This is a pretty small museum with quality contemporary works.

Cincinnati, OH
15 attraction reviews
“Great for kids!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

The unmuseum is awesome for kids. It's worth a visit!