“Everything was perfect” 5 of 5 stars

513-421-2337
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Moerlein Lager House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 1,721 restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mehring Way
Description: The heritage of Cincinnati's storied brewing history comes alive along the banks of the Ohio River at this world-class restaurant and brewery. Prominently situated in the dynamic Smale Riverfront Park, the Moerlein Lager House offers a guest experience unlike any other—a working microbrewery producing a full line of Moerlein craft brews, and delectable fare featuring grain spent breads, hand-carved sandwiches, and smoked rotisserie meats… foods reminiscent of those served in the city’s celebrated 19th century beer gardens.
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Everything was perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had a great experience. We sat on the second floor at a table over looking the river which was beautiful and romantic. We had fried pickles appetizer, filet medallions, and some grilled chicken dish. All the food was cooked to perfection and tasted great. We definitely would recommend this restaurant.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
“It could be so much better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

This restaurant has a beautiful view...but so do many other places that may be more enjoyable. We were there on a busy Saturday night with a group of 12. My husband checked out the beer list, asked for one. Waitress came back and said they were out of it. Okay, how about this one. Out of it. Throughout the night, my husband asked for SIX beers that they were out of. One of one is brewed there! How can a brewery be out of so many beers????? I loved my Hefeweisen. Food was okay. My hubby kind of enjoyed his Moer burger. Fries were limp. I had the fish tacos that had no taco taste to it. Guac was good. I never received my sweet potato chips that were forgotten, asked for, and then forgotten again. A friend had the chicken carbonara (sp?). It was really blue cheesy, so if you like that, you'll love it. I'd probably give the restaurant one more shot. But a beer menu that is so far off? I don't know if I could get my husband to go again.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great view, food and beer - fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I went here after rollerblading around downtown with my family, Husband and 2 little boys. We sat upstairs on the deck and had a great view. The food was great and the beer, fantastic. I will go back.

Visited July 2012
cincinnati
“Busy on Wednesday Night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I had dinner with customers on Wednesday and everyone was quite satisfied. The downstairs though was loud and on a return trip I would request reservations upstairs. It was a surprise to see how crowded they were in the middle of the week! There was plenty of staff and service was excellent. I would not recommend the Paella, it was the only time I have ever had it in the US and it was a surprise that they would have it on the menu. It was more of an interpretation of the dish and did not compare to what I was accustom too.

Valet parking is offered or you can pay to park in the garage underneath.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Williamstown, Kentucky
“Great food, great view, great beer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I visited this restaurant with a few friends and were very impressed.

We had reservations and had to wait about 15 minutes beyond our time after standing in a long line to speak to the hostess. There were probably 20 people standing in line with us. At 6 pm this place was very crowded and loud. Fortunately, we were seated on the second floor with a great view of the riverfront.

Our server was great, he was prompt and gave us good explanations and his recommendations were excellent. As expected, the beer was excellent, especially the Emancipator double bock. We had a meat and cheese tray for which you were able to choose your options, all very good. My wife had the blackened tilapia and I the Tampico shrimp, both were excellent.

Overall we were not sure what to expect of the quality of food but we both came away very impressed. We will certainly visit again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere