“Best new addition to Cincinnati's downtown” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 1,721 restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Taste of Belgium serves Belgian food with a twist. If it's not Belgian, we "Belgianize" it. We serve breakfast, lunch, dinner and one-of-a-kind weekend brunch. We have a full bar and a wide selection of Belgian beers on draft and in bottle. And we serve the absolute best waffles.
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Best new addition to Cincinnati's downtown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Small, crowded, noisy, unforgettable, wonderful, and highly addictive.
This place is on a downtown corner that used to be a very shady neighborhood until a couple of years ago, but is now a terrific trendy location. Everyone seems to know about it, and they don't take reservations, so definitely be prepared for a wait. As much as that can be annoying, the wait is worth it, without a doubt.

A great selection of most of the classic Belgian beers, including a number of them on draft. The bartenders and servers are knowledgeable enough about their inventory that you can generally rely on their recommendations if you're not familiar with them.

I've been to Belgium many times, so I can vouch for the authenticity of the menu. Honestly, I have to say the mussels (moules) are among the best I have ever had! The carbonnade (beef stew) is also an absolute standout (even if a little over-salted). They have crammed the absolute maximum number of tables into this small space, and could probably do a little more to absorb some of the noise (it's VERY loud), but that's my only real complaint.

With a friendly, knowledgable, eager-to-please staff, a standout menu, and great Belgian beer, how could you possibly go wrong? Answer: you won't. Give this place a high ranking on your list of dining experiences when visiting Cincinnati.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

86% Recommend
“Just Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

We couldn't wait for this restaurant to open up. The chicken and waffles are off the chain. Sweet and spicy at the same time. The cucumber salad Really sets this dish off. There are many outstanding items on the menu to chose from. The bakery case also has several very good items to pick. Call and check the hours, but easy to find.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Great food in a fun atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I went to lunch this week at Belgian Bistro and absolutely loved it! The staff is super friendly yet professional and the food was delicious. I had the waffle and chicken ($13) and it was really good- the sweet and spicy sauce on the chicken was a flavor explosion. I also enjoyed the house white wine ($6). There is a full bar as well. The place was bustling on a Tuesday afternoon and I can see why! I would definitely eat there again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jean-Francois F, Owner at Taste of Belgium - OTR, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for the kind words. I'm really happy to read that you enjoyed our Bistro.

best regards,

Jean-Francois Flechet
cleve, ohio
“Love the chicken and waffles!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great food and they recommend some great beer choices to go along with your breakfast or lunch. All the entrees we have tried in the past 2 times we have been there were absolutely scrumptious! Always crowded so plan accordingly. Right downtown so there is a corner parking lot. I would recommend trying it during the day, don't know this part of Cincinnati . There are 2 restaurants downtown with the same name. Be sure you go to the one with indoor seating and beer selections and chicken and waffles!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for the kind words. I'm really glad to read you enjoyed our restaurant.

Regards,

Jean-François
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
“Delight ful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Had the endive salad, chicken and waffle, soup and a wrap for our group. Each item tasted great. Between five of us we split the waffle with nutella and banana with the best coffee I had in Cincinnati. Even my Belgian mother was impressed. Take the trolley to fountain square and walk to 11th And vine. Delish.!

Visited April 2013

Btw, we call it Waffle n'chicken. The waffle always comes first! ;)

Regards,