“First time,deserves another” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Cincinnati, Ohio
“First time,deserves another”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Short menu, bbq pork, turkey, hot dog(with a twist), sides, drinks,etc. Ended up with pulled pork, and it is done different than expected. This is not a typical 'pulled pork';rather a very, very finely shredded pork, almost too fine, as some of the expected texture is non-existent. Not to say say this is a bad thing, simply different. This texture then provides a different mouth feel. I will go back for turkey next time. Dont get me wrong as the flavor is extrodinary. Very well smoked, moist, and nearly the right amount of darked "burnt ends" provided. Now before you get all BBQ snobish on me, I simply prefer less dark than more. Especially with the fine texture the darkest smokes pieces do not fit well. Could use just a touch more fat, but again, just my preference. Alsomhad a few 'bones' which are just simple and perfect. The special 'dusting' a bit to sweet to my taste. Interesting, as we have lived here only a few years. During this time we noticed many local customs with pizza sauce, marinara,etc, are generally sweeter here in Cinci. Slaw is ok, as needs a little kore seasoning. Beans are good, very heavy spices, and a touch of heat, which I again prefer. Favorite of the day is the jalepeno cornbread...hands down winner here. Portions are great. Wish there is a dessert selectiin to complete the meal.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

95% Recommend
lexington ky
“Best BBQ ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I lived in Memphis, TN for 6 years and did not think anyplace could be as good as there but Eli's BBQ is the best I have ever eaten. Pulled pork sandwich, side of mac n cheese & jalapeno corn bread. Awesome! My husband & daughter had ribs. They were also great. Mashed potatoes, jalapeno cheddar grits & coleslaw. I don't like grits but tasted them. I probably could have eaten the entire side.

Sandwiches are $5. Sandwiches with 2 sides are $8. Ribs are $10 for 4, $15 for 6. Menu is pulled pork, smoked turkey, hot dogs & ribs. Sides are mac n cheese, mashed potatoes baked beean cole slaw jalapeno cheddar grits, jalapeno corn bread. Order inside, eat outside on picnic tables. Can bring your own beverage including beer & wine.

Cannot wait to go back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Love the BBQ, not a fan of the sides”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

get there early for lunch if you want a seat inside. friendly staff and VERY good sandwiches. 3 of us had the pulled pork and 3 had the smoked turkey & everyone loved theirs. couple tried the mac n cheese and it was pretty plain. The mashed potatoes were just ok...wouldn't order those again. Parking can be tricky but worth it!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
West Chester, OH
“a BBQ gem of an experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We went to Eli's on a recommendation for a great bbq place and knew that it was byob, but was not convinced this would be the norm...well...it is... this place is like showing up at a family reunion:) It was a Saturday evening so we did have to wait in line to place our order and wait again 45min for our food...but with your favorite bottle, this is quite an enjoyable wait as there was live music playing and friendly people to squeeze in next to in the large, tented area of picnic tables. We're not big kid fans, but enjoyed the little ones dancing and seeing families sprawling blankets on the lawns picnic style to enjoy the beautiful evening. We ordered pulled pork sandwich and ribs with cornbread and grits....added some extra sauce to our basket and dived in! Everything was delicious!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Northern New Jersey
“What's the hype about!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

After reading all of the great reviews online we went to Eli's for what I thought would be some great down home barbecue. But that's not what we got. First of all there is only one meat option for those that don't eat pork-turkey on a bun. My boyfriend did not like the turkey at all. I had pulled pork on a bun and coleslaw. The coleslaw had way too much vinegar. The pulled pork tasted charred and wasn't moist and very tender like I like it. Also it needed more barbecue sauce. On a positive note the food is very inexpensive, the seating area under a tent with picnic tables reminded me of childhood family barbecues and loved that the coca cola came in classic bottles. Definately would not return when in the Cincinnati area. The barbecue is just not good.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Been to Eli's BBQ? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Eli's BBQ, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.