“Cool establishment - BYOB, great to sit outside” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Greater Cleveland
“Cool establishment - BYOB, great to sit outside”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This was a fun place to visit. The prices are good. A sandwich and two sides for $8 is a good price for legitimate BBQ. I got rib tips and two sides for $11 and my wife got a sandwich. The tips were great. There is one BBQ sauce and it has a good balance of flavor and heat. The pulled pork was good. I wasn't crazy about the mac and cheese but my wife liked it. I like some herbs and it had a Velveeta type taste to me (although I don't think they are using it.) The beans were great. The cornbread was average and fell apart a little too easily. We walked in and ordered inside. There are a bunch of tables outside. It felt like being at a backyard BBQ. You can bring your own beer. I didn't know that but luckily I had some bourbon in my trunk so I enjoyed that. They said the food would take 30 minutes but it arrived in about 20. When you're enjoying yourself outside drinking your own beer though, who cares? Bring a few and enjoy yourself with friends. It's a great place to chill. There was also a gelato truck parked there serving dessert. I'll be eating here everytime I am in Cincinnati, especially during nice weather. It might eclipse Terry's Turf Club as my always go-to spot in Cincinnati, but I'll still do both if I can!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great BBQ, poor side dishes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We went on a sunday mid afternoon. I got the pulled pork sandwich and my husband got the turkey. both sandwiches were the best we ever had as far as bbq. On the down side the side dishes were average and nothing to rave about. The soda we had was not cold and room temperature. There is no ice machine so glasses of ices are not available. this is a small place with dinning outside in the summer months. worth the trip for BBQ.

They only take cash or check so make sure you have cash. Two sandwiches, four sides and two sodas cost 20.00 even. a little steep for a late lunch but worth the money for the sandwich. It is self service. When you walk in go straight to the back registers and order your meal. If you are dinning inside they will bring it to your table. You clean up after yourself. The people working there are friendly enough but it is self service.

They put coleslaw on the sandwich. I think that makes the taste of the sandwich but some people dont like slaw and it might change the taste a bit for them. Either way we enjoyed our meal but was disappointed in the sides and drinks.

Try it out yourself.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati
“Unbelievable BBQ!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

From the delicious pork sanwiches, ribs, jalepeno corn bread to the funky picnic-style BYOB eating area...this place rocks! We saw tons of families and enjoyed an eclectic crowd there too.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Fantastic BBQ - a Hidden Treasure in Cincinnati”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

"Wow!" is about as good as I can say. I'm not a huge BBQ fan, but this stuff is fantastic. Small menu, which is good. The wood smoker left an awesome taste on the pulled pork. Cole slaw is great, and the mashed potatoes are served in a paper dish, with just a hint of a crust on top of them. Yum !! BYOB unless you like Mexican Coke. The y do have a few assorted beverages, but if your looking for a beer to go with the meal, best to bring your own. Crowd is an eclectic mix of college, families, even dressed to the 9's professionals on this night. Outside seating at picnic tables was the norm. Small 2 man band entertained outside while you enjoyed the food. They do have a small amount of inside seating. You would describe the place as a real hole in the wall. But my experience has always been that these are the absolute best restaurants and the hidden gems that few people know about. They have been voted Best of Cincy a couple of years for their BBQ, and I can see why. Expect a wait if you get there at dinner time. They do have call ahead. They also have carry out, and can prepare a large amount of BBQ if you're planning a family or company picnic. I can't say enough about this place. It was an enjoyable evening. I highly recommend it and I will be back for sure. Take the family or a small group for even more enjoyment.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great like always!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Only on disappointment, their smoker was broken so they were out of ribs. We all had pulled pork mashed potatoes, grits, and.corn bread and it was delish, just like always!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere