“Great Food, not so great service” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 1,658 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night
“Great Food, not so great service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

The food was excellent. Top of the line BBQ and a great old style atmosphere. Only been once, but the service was horrible. I was the only in the restaraunt at the time and was completely ignored by the waitress for 10 minutes, who was too busy doing paperwork and hanging signs next to me to take an order. Finally had to go to the takeout line, which is in a completely separate room to order. Ended up just getting it to go. I'm not a big complainer. It could have just been N off day. I was there a few minutes after they opened .

Boston, MA
“Oh My!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I've eaten barbeque all over the country and really appreciate the good stuff. Man oh man, this is the real deal and in a perfect setting. The pulled pork sandwich is the featured item, and it is one of the best I've had anywhere. Rib ends were superb. I'm not much of a sides guy, but my mouth is watering remembering the beans, jalapeño cheese grits, and slaw. Wow! Can't wait for my next visit. Very friendly service with reasonable prices.

Cold Spring, Kentucky
“AMAZING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I quite like pulled pork sandwiches and BBQ sauce, they are two of my favorite things and up until about a month ago, I had no idea that Eli's even existed but since my first time there, it's all I can think about. The food is absolutely perfect, tastes amazing, the sides are to die for, the price is reasonable and the atmosphere is very relaxed and casual. I love that you can bring your own beer in! I would definitely continue to come here, if I had it my way, I'd be back at least once a week. It's just THAT good.

• Visited March 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Still the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We have returned to Eli's several times since my initial review (9/16/12). Some restaurants, while excellent in the beginning, deteriorate rapidly. Eli's has not. Their barbecue is still the best.

Physically, the restaurant is the same but outdoor seating has been added. There is a tent, a picnic area and outdoor tables. There were many diners and the atmosphere was festive. A great place to eat.

Indiana
“Close to Great American ballpark, yummy food and fun atmosphere!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Very yummy! The neighborhood looks a bit dodgy...but it is wonderful. Has a real record player, (good to show the kids, as they have no clue what that is). The pulled pork is wonderful and the jalapeño cornbread earned 5 stars at our table! If you are in Cincinnati, give this place a try!