“Excellent, down home BBQ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of City Barbeque

City Barbeque
10375 Kenwood Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45242 (Blue Ash)
+1 513-257-0362
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #36 of 1,750 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Outdoor seating
Neighborhood: Blue Ash
Description: The idea for City Barbeque was born as an invitation to all the people in the city to enjoy great barbeque- America's food. Our award-winning barbeque is made with only the highest quality meats and served with our signature sauces on the side. Huge smokers are loaded daily to guarantee the very best hickory smoked, juicy, tender meat anywhere. So if an authentic barbeque experience is what you're after, look no further. Small groups of folks like us still believe in honoring quality, generations of tradition and true service. Whether you call it barbecue, Bar-B-Que, BBQ, or barbeque - we've got what you are looking for! Our menu boasts premium smoked meats such as Beef Brisket, Pulled Pork, Pulled Chicken, All Natural Turkey Breast, Texas Smoked Sausage, St. Louis-Style Ribs, All Natural Chicken. Pair any smoked meat with our delicious City Sides for a true 'que meal! City Sides include baked beans with brisket, mac & cheese, corn pudding, green beans with bacon, fresh-cut fries, mixed greens with pork, potato salad, hand dipped hush puppies, side salad, gumbo and corn bread. Finish it off with one of our made-from-scratch desserts: peach cobbler, triple chocolate cake and banana pudding. We proudly dedicate our lives to the pursuit of barbeque and happiness (yes, in that order)!
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent, down home BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Dined here for lunch with co-workers. Everything was excellent, from beef brisket to service. You must try the corn pudding; it is amazing. The food was so good that I ordered a slab of ribs to take back to Chicago with me. When I mentioned I absolutely loved the corn pudding, they gave me some to take back home with me. I also sampled the hush puppies - amazingly good. I asked them to open a place in Chicago. :-). Can't wait to return to Cincy to eat at City Barbeque. YUMMY!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Cincinnati, OH
“Unexpected BBQ find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I used to travel quite a bit and would always stop at a barbeque joint to try the local flavor. I was out one afternoon in my hometown and decided to finally try the local City Barbeque that I had driven by many times but failed to be drawn in. What a mistake! This place is fantastic. As with most BBQ places, the sauce typically defines it and for me, City BBQ is now one of my favorite BBQ joints.

Visited December 2012
Chennai (Madras), India
“Good Smoked Salmon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I had the Atlantic Smoked salmon and found it pretty good. The salmon was well cooked and the sides were adequate. A colleague ordered barbequed chicken and was served large portions of it; so much that he had to carry home a bit of it.

Visited March 2013
Canfield, Ohio
“Outstanding Customer Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We were visiting Blue Ash, and had dinner at City Barbeque. We had the sampler plate and it was outstanding. Great portions and tasty! There was a delay in one of our meals. The issue was resolved seamlessly and beyond our satisfaction. What a great group of employees at this location!! Thank you for making our dining experience a memorable one!! If you like barbeque, do yourself a favor and stop by!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati
“Really, the best BBQ? It's just okay.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I have no clue why people get so excited about this place. I've been to City Barbeque several times (mostly at the prompting of work colleagues who insist on going) and I have never been impressed. Is it barbeque? Yes. Do they have barbeque-esque sides? Yes. Is it great? No. Honestly, it's overpriced for what you get. I can't remember ever getting out of the place for less than $12-$15 at lunch. And that's a lunch where you stand in line to order, pick up your own food, and bus your own table. Come on. Really?

I wouldn't recommend. There are better BBQ places in Cincy and, by and large, they're more reasonably priced for the quantity and quality of food that you get. Skip this one.

• Visited March 2013