“WOW!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Abigail Street

Abigail Street
1214 Vine St, Cincinnati, OH (Central Business District)
513-421-4040
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Akron, Ohio
“WOW!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

While visiting Cincinnati for business we were recommended to go to Abigail Street for their Octopus plate. We decided to have several small plates along with the Octopus. Our waiter Joe brought each dish out separately in an order that he thought would compliment the next. He was right on - starting with the olives and ending with the Octopus it was a total food orgasm :). Everything was delicious. The ambience is really nice. And Joe was an awesome waiter - he made us feel so welcomed, almost like family, that I felt like hugging him when we left. Looking forward to our next trip to Cincinnati so that we can go back to Abigail Street.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

94% Recommend
Lumby, Canada
“Terrific Tapas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I recently dined at the Abigail Street restaurant in Cincinnati before a Reds game. After perusing the menu I realized this was a Tapas restaurant. Tapas for those who don't know is a name for a Spanish appetizer (small portion); but these days many restaurants serve these types of dishes. After consulting with my server I ordered a beer and three dishes. The borek was an eggplant in filo pastry dish, the gnocchi is a pasta/veggie dish, and the ricotta was drizzled with plenty of honey and served with slices of bread. Everything was excellent; but when I finished my last dish - the gnocchi - I was completely stuffed - the 2 beers didn't help. My server told me that most of the dishes were larger than appetizers; but not as large as an entree - about half-way between. Everything was delicious; but I would recommend that a customer(s) order a minimum amount of dishes and order more as you finish the ones you already have at the table. It will take more time as you may have to wait for some of your dishes; but will save you from ordering more than you can handle. This is a place where you have a relaxing meal, take your time, and savor your food and not an eat and dash place. The prices of the tapas dishes are closer to an entree than an appetizer and in some cases more than you would pay for an entree at other places; but if you're not watching your pocket-book a worthwhile place to dine - at least once.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Johannesburg (Jo'burg), South Africa
“Incredible Food, Awesome Service, Very Good Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Traveling on business, and found this Moroccan-inspired restaurant in downtown Cincinnati. I have had meals throughout the US and the world (52 countries at last count, including Morocco), and have not found better food than Abigail Street. The waiter (Ryan) was very helpful and polite, but not overly intrusive. The only problem I faced was the menu; I wanted to eat everything on it, and of course that was impossible. Ryan recommended the grilled octopus with merguez sausage, parsley, fried chick peas, hummus, tomato, and (I think?), japapeño. I have had mixed success with octopus in the past, but this rendition was so good that it changed my opinion forever. Plates of bouillabaise in saffron sauce and lamb sliders followed, each with a wide range of flavors and textures. I almost never go for dessert, but given the previous results, the pistachio baklava beckoned. Best baklava I've ever had, hands-down.

This is a small restaurant, very social, with a bar and small tables along the wall. Definitely NOT the place to go if you want a quiet, white-linen meal. But if you want to experience a wide variety of palate-pleasing food with world-class service, Abigail Street is the place to go.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Beijing, China
“Trendy and always busy - worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Moroccan inspired cuisine that is really delicious (especially the lamb). A bit pricey and always packed but worth a visit.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Durban, South Africa
“Another great meal at Cincinnati's most vibrant restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Went to Abigail street with some friends last week - had another GREAT time. Every single dish was superb. Couldn't find fault with any dish. Every plate was wiped clean!

Just a note that the octopus, for us, was better without the sausage - this allowed the flavors to be savoured much more - the sausage tends to dominate when present. Glad we chose the option without this time around.

Enough variety for vegetarians and non-vegetarians.

Visited July 2013