“we're not in Cincinnati,anymore!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Cincinnati, Ohio
“we're not in Cincinnati,anymore!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

we came to 12th and vine to have some gourmet hotdogs at the senate but lucky for us there was an hour wait. The young man at door suggested we go next to to its sister restaurant next door. Are we ever glad we need. We and our friends are not of that world(age wise) but we were so comfortable there and the service made us even more so..( the sparkling rose didn"t hurt)..we got 5 small plates for the four of us: stuffed dates in a tomato sauce that requires you to dip the great bread in it and wish there was more..beets,who knew they could be sooo good? Grilled lamb sliders with carmelized onions ( not just grilled) goat cheese and mint pesto..all three thought they were delish..a bit too spicey for me.then we had the steak of the night and the walleye ( whitefish)..can't say enough about the food but the ambience and service are top notch..thought I was in Chicago with my foodie grandson..I could go on and on but I'm getting hungry !!! Oh yes, there is a parking garage right at the corner of 12th and Vine..go early ..we went around 6 ,but it was a saturday night with the flying pig race the next day...busy busy

• Visited May 2013

Crestview Hills, Kentucky
“Consistent excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife and I have enjoyed Abigail Street three different times now, once with a group of friends and twice as a couple. On every visit, the service and food have been top-notch. It's not very big and it usually fills up fairly fast, so get there early. You can get full food service at the bar if you can't get a table.

Our personal recommendations are the octopus, the beet salad, and the churros. Yes, absolutely the churros. Since this is a tapas/mezzes spot, you can easily experiment with items you might not normally try. You won't be disappointed. Everything we've ever tried has been great.

The only potential negative is the high sound level, but many people will consider that a positive aspect of a lively engaged crowd.

• Visited April 2013
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

A fun restaurant in the "over the rhine" area of Cincinnati. Food was fantastic, service was great, however, get there early because of crowds. We were visiting Cincinnati and love eating at small, quaint restaurants and Abigail Street did not disappoint. Strongly suggest eating here whether you're from the Cincinnati area or just visiting. Over The Rhine area is up and coming and a fun part of the city.

Visited February 2013
Naples, Florida
“Unbelievably good food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

First time here & on a weeknight. Get here early because it fills up, and this is the kind of place to linger. Food was superb and service just as good. We ordered 4 plates for 2 of us to share, plus a shared dessert & that was perfect. Gnocchi was to die for as was everything else we tried (lamb sliders, scallops, & hanger steak). Also as pretty as it is good. Don't miss the bread pudding.

• Visited April 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Best meal EVER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I'm not exactly a food critic, so I can't even describe how great this place is, but I'll try. I was on a business trip in Cincinnati, and I wasn't expecting much from this city. I ran across this place on tripadvisor, and it sounded promising.The chef has won awards, and I can see why.

To get there, I took a half mile walk from my hotel up Vine Street, which is dotted with neat buildings and artsy boutiques. When my fco-worker and I got there, we almost passed it because the door doesn't stand out. They didn't open until 5PM, so my co-worker and I killed time at the neat little shops until it opened. Upon entering the restaurant, we were greeted by friendly staff. As I was seated, I looked around trying to take it all in. If I were to describe the atmosphere, I'd have to sum it up with: Charming upscale hipster vibe, except the hipster staff are incredibly friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. The music was great (big surprise). My co-worker and I each ordered 2 items from the menu with 2 desserts and shared.

The ricotta is made in-house and is combined with a local honey to be spread on pieces of buttered toast....sooooooo good, and they give you a pretty big portion. I also tried their special for the day, which was a filling stew, with lamb meat served atop with breadcrumbs. I also tried the lamb sliders, which were also delicious, but I didn't really like the mint on it. All in all, it was possibly one of the best meal. In a nutshell: If this place were back home, I'd be there every single day.

• Visited March 2013