“Great restaurant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Abigail Street

Abigail Street
1214 Vine St, Cincinnati, OH (Central Business District)
513-421-4040
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

A fun restaurant in the "over the rhine" area of Cincinnati. Food was fantastic, service was great, however, get there early because of crowds. We were visiting Cincinnati and love eating at small, quaint restaurants and Abigail Street did not disappoint. Strongly suggest eating here whether you're from the Cincinnati area or just visiting. Over The Rhine area is up and coming and a fun part of the city.

Visited February 2013

92% Recommend
Naples, Florida
“Unbelievably good food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

First time here & on a weeknight. Get here early because it fills up, and this is the kind of place to linger. Food was superb and service just as good. We ordered 4 plates for 2 of us to share, plus a shared dessert & that was perfect. Gnocchi was to die for as was everything else we tried (lamb sliders, scallops, & hanger steak). Also as pretty as it is good. Don't miss the bread pudding.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dallas, Texas
“Best meal EVER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I'm not exactly a food critic, so I can't even describe how great this place is, but I'll try. I was on a business trip in Cincinnati, and I wasn't expecting much from this city. I ran across this place on tripadvisor, and it sounded promising.The chef has won awards, and I can see why.

To get there, I took a half mile walk from my hotel up Vine Street, which is dotted with neat buildings and artsy boutiques. When my fco-worker and I got there, we almost passed it because the door doesn't stand out. They didn't open until 5PM, so my co-worker and I killed time at the neat little shops until it opened. Upon entering the restaurant, we were greeted by friendly staff. As I was seated, I looked around trying to take it all in. If I were to describe the atmosphere, I'd have to sum it up with: Charming upscale hipster vibe, except the hipster staff are incredibly friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. The music was great (big surprise). My co-worker and I each ordered 2 items from the menu with 2 desserts and shared.

The ricotta is made in-house and is combined with a local honey to be spread on pieces of buttered toast....sooooooo good, and they give you a pretty big portion. I also tried their special for the day, which was a filling stew, with lamb meat served atop with breadcrumbs. I also tried the lamb sliders, which were also delicious, but I didn't really like the mint on it. All in all, it was possibly one of the best meal. In a nutshell: If this place were back home, I'd be there every single day.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Potted Hare!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I'd alway heard of potted hare, but never got to taste it. At Abigail Street, our charasmatic server reccomended it as "Chef's Little Baby", and on the bill it showed up as "Wabbit". It came with a layer of duck fat and toasted brioche. My wife wasn't all that enthusiastic about eating rabbit, and our friend found the duck fat a little rich, so I got to enjoy most of the small glass jar-full myself.... but all three of us were happy with little presentations of lamb, wonderful octopus, chick-peas, prawns and other things.... The skate wings, which had brought us here on our friend's reccomendation were not offered that evening, but potted hare more than made up for it....

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Abingdon, Virginia, United States
“Truly Mediterranean Menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Wonderful selection of dishes from Spain, France, Morocco, Turkey, Greece, Italy. Everything is so good you order way more than you need. The Turkish coffee is a great treat with a wonderful dessert and the wines are terrific also! Always a wait, though.

Visited July 2012