“Best meal EVER” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Abigail Street

Abigail Street
1214 Vine St, Cincinnati, OH (Central Business District)
513-421-4040
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Dallas, Texas
“Best meal EVER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I'm not exactly a food critic, so I can't even describe how great this place is, but I'll try. I was on a business trip in Cincinnati, and I wasn't expecting much from this city. I ran across this place on tripadvisor, and it sounded promising.The chef has won awards, and I can see why.

To get there, I took a half mile walk from my hotel up Vine Street, which is dotted with neat buildings and artsy boutiques. When my fco-worker and I got there, we almost passed it because the door doesn't stand out. They didn't open until 5PM, so my co-worker and I killed time at the neat little shops until it opened. Upon entering the restaurant, we were greeted by friendly staff. As I was seated, I looked around trying to take it all in. If I were to describe the atmosphere, I'd have to sum it up with: Charming upscale hipster vibe, except the hipster staff are incredibly friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. The music was great (big surprise). My co-worker and I each ordered 2 items from the menu with 2 desserts and shared.

The ricotta is made in-house and is combined with a local honey to be spread on pieces of buttered toast....sooooooo good, and they give you a pretty big portion. I also tried their special for the day, which was a filling stew, with lamb meat served atop with breadcrumbs. I also tried the lamb sliders, which were also delicious, but I didn't really like the mint on it. All in all, it was possibly one of the best meal. In a nutshell: If this place were back home, I'd be there every single day.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Potted Hare!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I'd alway heard of potted hare, but never got to taste it. At Abigail Street, our charasmatic server reccomended it as "Chef's Little Baby", and on the bill it showed up as "Wabbit". It came with a layer of duck fat and toasted brioche. My wife wasn't all that enthusiastic about eating rabbit, and our friend found the duck fat a little rich, so I got to enjoy most of the small glass jar-full myself.... but all three of us were happy with little presentations of lamb, wonderful octopus, chick-peas, prawns and other things.... The skate wings, which had brought us here on our friend's reccomendation were not offered that evening, but potted hare more than made up for it....

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Abingdon, Virginia, United States
“Truly Mediterranean Menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Wonderful selection of dishes from Spain, France, Morocco, Turkey, Greece, Italy. Everything is so good you order way more than you need. The Turkish coffee is a great treat with a wonderful dessert and the wines are terrific also! Always a wait, though.

Visited July 2012
Durban, South Africa
“Wonderful new dining experience in Cincinnati”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

A friend recently introduced me to Abigail Street and I couldn't believe it is in Cincinnati. Great quality of food, interesting flavors and a very chic urban feel to the restaurant. Is this really in Cincinnati Ohio?! I liked it so much I took my husband back a few weeks later and he loved it too. The menu is middle eastern inspired, with small plates. Wine list is great, with some very interesting and unusual entries. The staff are good and making suggestions to match your palate and pocket book; and each time I have been there I have come away with a few good new wine ideas to add to my tasting repertoire. Two suggestions about dining there. First, if you can and are so inclined, get there early because the place fills up fast and is first come-first served. Also, it gets quite loud when the restaurant is is full. Despite these points, this is a real gem in Cincinnati.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wallingford, Connecticut, United States
“Over The Rhine Made New”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Years since I've been to this town. There is a new vitality in Cincinnati. Abigail Street is a clear indication of better days are here. This is a small plates specialty restaurant offering a great selection of tapas size portions. There was a crowd on both nights
I ate here. It was so good I came back. They have some interesting wines at a fair price.$8 to $10 a glass.

Visited October 2012