“Quality theater for reasonable price” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 129 things to do in Cincinnati
Federal Way, Washington
98 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 145 helpful votes
“Quality theater for reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We have been members of the playhouse for decades but more recently have chosen to attend individual shows and do other things like Broadway Series or the Ballet. There are no bad seats in either of the theaters so it is not unreasonable to buy less expensive seats. Some plays are great and some were not to my taste but all were professionally done and well presented.

Visited March 2013

morrow ohio
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Playhouse magic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

This was the first time I have ever been here and I am coming back. I watched the Book Club and for the period of time I was there the world seemed to stop. I didn't think about anything except the performance I was watching. It was a great way to get away from the stress of every day life, and just relax for a few hours. I am going to watch Shipwrecked. I can't wait to see another excellent performance. I highly recommend this magical little playhouse Cincinnati has to offer.

Cincinnati, Ohio
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Outstanding Theatre”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Overall the performances here are excellent. Every now and then, they miss the mark, but in general they present interesting plays that are very well done.

Visited March 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Not the best year but still very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Marx theater does not have a bad seat due to the size of the theater and the slope of the floor. This has been a year of transition, and I expect next year to have an even better set of plays. We haven't always been impressed with the choice of plays, but the staging and lighting and production are always top-notch. We are lucky to have this theater in Cincinnati.

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“I Love this Theatre!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My friends and I get season ticket packages for the plays each year and we always enjoy going together. There is not a bad seat in the whole theatre and we also like to have a drink from the bar either before the show or during intermission. You can even take your drink with you to your seat which is nice. There is also a small food station served with a nice variety of things- sandwiches, soups and nice desserts and a coffee cart. You are able to place an order for your coffee drink to have ready for you at intermission. The play season always has a variety of shows which is fun. This year was an adventure, a comedy, a couple of dramas, and a suspense. Some were better than others but all were good. I love having this treasure in our city!