“Cool theatre, shows vary a little in quality” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 141 things to do in Cincinnati
Boston, Massachusetts
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Cool theatre, shows vary a little in quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

The Playhouse theatre's stand out for a few reasons.

1) They are small, so you are close to the actors.
2) The sets are designed very well and cover ~180 degrees. That makes the whole experience more interesting.

However, sometimes the shows can vary a little in acting quality. Overal, a big + on the Cincinnati art scene.

Visited October 2012

Cincinnati, Ohio
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Fantastic culture in Cincy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I haven't been here since I was younger, but it's a fantastic place to get a bit of culture in Cincinnati and it's less expensive than shows at the Aronoff. Mt. Adams is a great place to find unique restaurants.

1 Thank Jane S
Maineville, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great times”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I took my daughter to a show and we had such a great time. Loved the atmosphere and we had great seats. Couldn't have asked for a better experience for our weekend away! Can't wait to do it again!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Amy M
San Antonio, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A must see!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Ok, I may be a little swayed by the fact that my son is an intern at Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park, but it really is a wonderful place. We saw "The Three Musketeers" and are now planning to go see "A Christmas Carol." My only wish is that we lived closer to see more productions.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank teacherhg
Cincinnati, Ohio
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A Great View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This is one of the rare theaters in which you can sit in any seat and see the show just as well as anywhere else. It is designed very well. I don't know much about acting or musical theater but every production I have seen has been entertaining, understandable, emotive, and professional. The costumes are colorful and the sets descriptive. My best experience there was when a magician came to town! A very solid theater all around.

Visited January 2012