“Romeo and Juliet was beautiful” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cincinnati Ballet

Cincinnati Ballet
1555 Central Parkway, Cincinnati, OH 45214 (Central Business District)
513-621-5219
Website
Update attraction details
Ranked #18 of 80 attractions in Cincinnati
Type: Performances
Attraction Details
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
12 attraction reviews
“Romeo and Juliet was beautiful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I was quite impressed with the Cincinnati Ballet. I am from Chicago, and while it does not quite measure up to Chicago ballet, I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the choreography. Three things I was displeased with: 1) a second intermission, which made the program too long, and 2) the way-too-lengthy discourse about upcoming events by the Ballet's director. She needs a lesson in brevity.
3) there were people in the balcony adjacent to our seats that were talking quite loudly during the second act. They were drinking, and everyone could hear their conversation. I had to say something to an attendant and I shouldn't have had to do that. It was quite distracting. The theatre attendants should have taken care of it immediately.

10 attraction reviews
“Nutcracker is outstanding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We don't go to the ballet too often, but the Nutcracker that they perform is really out of this world. The decor, the costumes, everything is so well done. It had a complete overhaul 2 years ago and some people weren't pleased, but I think most people thought it was spectacular. It's great to have such wonderful dancers here in CIncinnati.

Visited March 2013
14 attraction reviews
“Great venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have been to the Cincinnati Ballet twice. The venue is very nice and clean. I like that you can purchase souvenirs, snacks, drinks (alcoholic/non) and then take them into the theater. I absolutely love that there is a chocolatier in the lobby selling some of Cincinnati's best!

Amelia, Ohio
7 attraction reviews
“Cincinnati Ballet - Top Notch Productions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

As always, the Cincinnati Ballet finds ways to please their audiences. A recent production of Romeo and Juliet was just another in a string of recent successes that shows the professional quality of the company under the direction of Victoria Morgan. As a music teacher, I have heard the music of Russian composer Prokovief before, but this ballet performance was so perfectly timed with the music that each musical accent had a movement or emotion displayed by the dancers. I was able to see and hear the emotions that the music and the dance played together so clearly. This was one of the best productions of this ballet story I have ever seen. I cannot say enough about the Cincinnati Ballet Company. I have seen their productions for over 40 years from the time I took my students until now when I usher for their productions. I have seen the company grow and develop. They are outstanding !

Dayton, Ohio
17 attraction reviews
“A Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I have many fond memories of the Cincinnati Ballet. The dancers are wonderful, the setting perfect, and the showmanship second to none.

Been to Cincinnati Ballet? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Cincinnati Ballet, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.