“Lives up to the Hype” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Senate

Senate
1212 Vine Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)
(513) 421-2020
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Lives up to the Hype”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Heard many positives about this place One of the best hot dog places in the country. It is good! I had Chili Rellano which was one of the best I have ever had. It was coated in panko with a very nutty flavor to it. It was not overloaded with cheese either which is usually the problem. Very impressed. My wife had the Lindsey Lohan dog and it was fantastic. I finished my meal with a chocolate and bourbon bread pudding which was very very nice. Very happy with this place.
We went for lunch because we tried to go for dinner and the wait was too long. It was worth the trip.

86% Recommend
“Trendy and Fun Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Went here for lunch with my sister. Both of our meals were delicious. The truffle fries were to die for. Another reviewer claimed they were greasy and too salty. Quite the contrary. I'm a foodie, and they were perfect. The restaurant has a modern, but retro feel. I will definitely go back when in town.

Cincinnati
“Trendy eatery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I ate at The Senate with a group of friends. It's a trendy place with an eccentric feel. The food was good, especially the poutine. The hot dogs were a little over the top for my tastes.

Service was all around top notch. We were well attended to, and all staff had a classy flair about them.

The place is small and doesn't take phone-in reservations (you can get put on a waiting list when you get there). We waited over 2 hours to get seated on a Saturday night. The crowd was varied, mostly 30'ish well-to-do and trendy people.

The restrooms are single person only. There was consistently a line to go to the men's or women's restroom.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Good drinks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I just didn't get it ~ it took me forever to find something I wanted because I wasn't in the mood for a hot dog or burger BUT the place is always packed and the drinks were good. I would return for drinks but not dinner

Visited May 2013
Cincinnati, OH
“Fancy Hot Dogs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I went here recently with a small group; we split the duck fat fries (yummy), and 2 of us ended up getting the hot dog special the "Nacho Libre." Our server was friendly and informative. The bar was hopping the whole time we were there, and the music was a lively eclectic mix. Note: no reservations are accepted, so show up early to put your name on the list.

• Visited April 2013