“Good food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I love this trendy rest. I have been here a few times and i will be back every time. I am in town. Good beer and drinks only neg is the cold when the door opens

• 2 of 5 stars Food

Verona, Kentucky
“Limited Vegetarian Selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Tried again to get in to Bakersfield across the street and long wait. Senate had immediate seating so my husband and I went for it. He enjoyed the Lindsay Lohan hot dog and we shared some truffle fries. I'm a vegetarian and found few options but went with the chile relleno which required some sriracha sauce to give it the kick it needed. Our service was great, food pretty good, value not great. $40 for a hot dog, fries, relleno, one coke. Wouldn't go out of our way to visit again.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Lindsey Lohan was amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I went to Cincinatti for the weekend to visit some friends. We all went to Senate for dinner on Saturday night and sat at the bar to avoid waiting for a table. We had such a great time with the bartender (cute!) and we all had Lindsey Lohan hotdogs (delicious). Next time I visit, that will definitely be the dinner spot of choice.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Worth checking out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Senate is a bit hard to describe. A feature of the menu are the high end hot dogs (I had the Chicago style and it was great). There is an energetic bar scene (more on this in a moment). The building is an old structure with a lot of character right smack in the middle of the restaurant renaissance underway on Vine Street in Over the Rhine. My wife and I sat at the bar as there were no tables available, and as a result we had a bird's eye view of the bartenders preparing some of the most interesting cocktails I've ever seen. The care and preparation of the cocktails was amazing, with some ingredients being added out of small vials via an eye dropper, lemon rinds being flamed and then rubbed all around the inside and outside of the glass in which the drink was being made, different liquids only partially mixing for a very interesting visual effect, and on and on. It was really quite something, and makes me want to go back to try all these interesting concoctions. I actually ordered a beer and regretted it after seeing what I was missing on the cocktail side.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Food was great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I had the Lindsay Lohan hotdog and it was wonderful. I would have never thought a hot dog could be so delicious. I also loved the lobster mac n cheese. However, I did not like the bread pudding, to me it was like french toast with ice cream on top of it. Not at all my idea of bread pudding. My husband really liked his hamburger too.

• Visited October 2012