“The Senate is quite a gem!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Senate

Senate
1212 Vine Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)
(513) 421-2020
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #58 of 1,721 restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Eclectic
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Central Business District
“The Senate is quite a gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Have been to Senate several times... if there is one drawback it is simply that the place is so small, and a little cramped. However, everything else has always been quite wonderful. The food is always fresh, creative and delicious. The service is attentive for the most part, but not over-bearing and stuffy. And the atmosphere is always warm and inviting. Perhaps best of all is the price of the food. While it is certainly not cheap, I think the food is very well price for the quality that Chef Daniel delivers time after time. I love Senate and will be back many times in the future.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

87% Recommend
Roodhouse
“Nice evening out!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We came to Senate with our son & his girlfriend. Our son works in the OTR neighborhood & wanted us to try the hot dogs. I had a Chicago Dog & it was good but definitely not the best Chicago Dog I've had, that would be @ Hot Doug's, (at where else?) Chicago!. Husband had the Lindsey Lohan, which I jokingly told him when we 1st sat down he had to get so he could say he "ate" Lindsey Lohan. He did enjoy it. We also really enjoyed the pigs tails, which I know sound nasty but really taste like pork BBQ. Our son's girlfriend wouldn't eat them but if I go back that is what I would order. I also had the "my wife's salad" which was good & enough for us to share. We had another appetizer, which was french fries with cheese curds & gravy, it was yummy. We also had the fries w/our dogs & they were good but nothing out of the ordinary. We did have about a 90 min. wait for our table which was right inside the front door so there were always people crowding in/out. I would not want to sit here during cold weather. I do have to say our waiter was superb along with the maitre'd who kept coming to check everything was to our liking. Guess this was an advantage to sitting by the entrance.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Missoula, Montana
“The Hotdogs Are Bananas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I have a weak spot for hotdogs, bone marrow, and good cocktails. I'm not going to get too specific here, but the dogs were ridiculous, they serve bone marrow (which is hard to screw up), and their sezerac was one of the best I've ever had. My wife used to think my obsession with bone marrow was "gross." After I ordered the bone marrow here with toast I implored her to try the smallest of dabs. When it was all said and done, she was cramming the last piece of toast in the bone to try and get every last little bit of marrow that might be left. And for that, I will forever owe Senate a big thank you. Too bad the foie gras PB&J sandwich wasn't available, otherwise I might have been able to convert her on two fronts. Oh well, yet another reason to go back and eat at a restaurant that is fighting the good fight in Cincinnati.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brussels, Belgium
“Cool place, cool people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I came on a weeknight and enjoyed the cool setting, the lively people and the simple menu with a twist. Great area, a bit off the fountain square-Morton's-Jeff Ruby triangle. Just next door & across the street a host of other bars offer the opportunity to continue the evening.

“Senate Burger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Awesome burger,duck fries and wine. Well worth a visit. Parking is tight,so be prepared to hunt. Great atmosphere.