“Cool place, cool people” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Senate

Senate
1212 Vine Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)
(513) 421-2020
Cuisines: Eclectic
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Brussels, Belgium
“Cool place, cool people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I came on a weeknight and enjoyed the cool setting, the lively people and the simple menu with a twist. Great area, a bit off the fountain square-Morton's-Jeff Ruby triangle. Just next door & across the street a host of other bars offer the opportunity to continue the evening.

“Senate Burger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Awesome burger,duck fries and wine. Well worth a visit. Parking is tight,so be prepared to hunt. Great atmosphere.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great Location, Great Vibe, Great Dogs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Senate is located in the OTR area, surrounded by upscale shops and businesses. A public parking lot is RIGHT next to the restaurant, and when I was there at lunchtime, there were a few spots left.

I was greeted at the door by a wonderfully nice hostess, who walked me to my table. The tables are closely packed, but if you need to discuss private matters, it should be fine because it's pretty loud. I was marginally able to hear my friend across from me, but couldn't hear anyone on either side. You are packed in like sardines, but you don't feel claustrophobic, and you feel like you're in your own space.

The Senate is known for it's specialty hot dogs, so of course I ordered a dog. I ordered the dog of the day, the "Adriana Lima" - a beef hot dog topped with bacon, guacamole, goat cheese, and I believe another spicy sauce. I also ordered the Truffle Fries.

Service was impeccable. Your glass was always topped off. The dogs came out in 10-15 minutes, which was great, because it gave some time to catch up with my friend.

Hands down, that was the best hot dog I've ever had. In my life. The truffle fries were spiced and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese (I think) - they were wonderful. They were served with some kind of sauce, but we didn't use it...the fries were perfect on their own.

Price? For 2 dogs, 1 fries, 1 cola...$31.00. Was it worth it? Absolutely. I'm so glad I found this place and will go back very soon.

• Visited August 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
“A Must-Try”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

This place is great. On my first visit, I had the Croque Madame (beef dog, ham, and poached egg), and it was amazingly sinful. I could feel my arteries hardening as I stared at it, and I flippin' loved every second of it. When Senate was first suggested to me, I was like 'hot dogs? really?' but I was completely misguided. This is definitely a place to check out. Very different, very delicious.

Check out their daily special dog as well!

• Visited July 2012
Covington, Kentucky
“Go for the Gourmet Hot Dogs and Lively Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

The Senate is located in Over-the-Rhine neighborhood of Cincinnati. Its a old German neighborhood that is going through a revival, new restaurants, bars, and condos are bringing life back in this beautiful and historic neighborhood. We went on a Thursday evening, and place was hopping and lively. My wife and I choose to sit at bar instead of waiting for table. The bartenders were attentive, informative, and friendly. They recommended almost everything on menu, but we decided to go with thier gourmet hotdogs. Was very flavorful and fillings. We also shared the Poutine as an appetizer, unique taste, a delcious concoction. Afterward, I recommend heading over to the newly renovated Washington Park across from Music Halls. Happening and eclectic scene, on most nights over summer they have music events planned.

• Visited August 2012