“A Must-Try” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Cincinnati, Ohio
“A Must-Try”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

This place is great. On my first visit, I had the Croque Madame (beef dog, ham, and poached egg), and it was amazingly sinful. I could feel my arteries hardening as I stared at it, and I flippin' loved every second of it. When Senate was first suggested to me, I was like 'hot dogs? really?' but I was completely misguided. This is definitely a place to check out. Very different, very delicious.

Check out their daily special dog as well!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Covington, Kentucky
“Go for the Gourmet Hot Dogs and Lively Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

The Senate is located in Over-the-Rhine neighborhood of Cincinnati. Its a old German neighborhood that is going through a revival, new restaurants, bars, and condos are bringing life back in this beautiful and historic neighborhood. We went on a Thursday evening, and place was hopping and lively. My wife and I choose to sit at bar instead of waiting for table. The bartenders were attentive, informative, and friendly. They recommended almost everything on menu, but we decided to go with thier gourmet hotdogs. Was very flavorful and fillings. We also shared the Poutine as an appetizer, unique taste, a delcious concoction. Afterward, I recommend heading over to the newly renovated Washington Park across from Music Halls. Happening and eclectic scene, on most nights over summer they have music events planned.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Altos, California
“Had a great lunch here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Had one lunch here and my meal was terrific. It was the Lobster BLT. You might think the lobster would be overpowered by the bacon. Not so. You might think it's not real lobster or small little pieces. It was great braised lobster in large pieces. My lunch-mates were also very pleased with their meals too.

The restaurant has a large bar and a relatively small, narrow dining area. It gets loud here so keep that in mind. It's also very busy. Overall a great spot in the up-and-coming Cincinnati downtown.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cincinnati, Ohio
“A Wonderful Find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

This restaurant is worth experiencing! Definitely a favorite of the 20-30 crowd, there were also some of us that we're older and fit in just fine! Menus is very intriguing- I had the hamburger and fries, and they were great! Awesome selection of wines. The neighborhood can be a bit scary when parking on the street.

Birmingham
“Upscale bar with good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Senate is a lively, fun place to eat and drink. My youngest daughter just relocated to Cincinnati and wanted me to experience Senate. I very much enjoyed my meal and the total "Senate experience". I"ll be back during subsequent visits to Cincinnati.

Visited June 2012